Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBC Football Night In America... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=208977)

CrazyPsycho 09-10-2006 07:49 PM

NBC Football Night In America...

Really [censored] sucks. I've never been sad for Chris Berman before. These highlights are like 30 seconds long and miss half the big plays. Guess I'm going to have to pick up the NFL Network.

They spend too much time making fun of each other and dorking around, not enough HIGHLIGHTS.

Patrick del Poker Grande 09-10-2006 07:51 PM

Re: NBC Football Night In America...

Any show that features Chris Collinsworth is doomed to blow huge donkey ass chunk balls.

IggyWH 09-10-2006 07:52 PM

I miss Primetime *tear*

MacGuyV 09-10-2006 07:58 PM

I'm flipping over now by default; can't be worse than this FOX OT garbage.

agent_fish 09-10-2006 08:13 PM

WTF? Why is there no more Primetime? Couldn't they do a condensed version of it?

agent_fish 09-10-2006 08:15 PM

Wow! What a great opening song from Pink!

Dids 09-10-2006 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any show that features Chris Collinsworth is doomed to blow huge donkey ass chunk balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Collinsworth is by far the best thing about this show, and I'm not that big on him.

Sharpe (save his outfit, which was [censored] money) is/has/was/will be horrible. Bettis lacks the polish that this stage requires and Costas is just meh.

I was away when they changed from the "dudes in a living room" to "dudes behind a desk" setup, what was that about? NBC realized that it was silly that Costas's legs didn't reach the ground?

That said, at this point I prefer anything to more Chris Berman in my life. You're with me, played out douchebag.

lastchance 09-10-2006 09:02 PM

I just made sure I avoided anything with Berman that wasn't NFL Primetime, so he hasn't reached the annoyingness he has for some others.

And yes, Collinsworth is the best thing about this show, which is completely pathetic. Bring back Primetime.

Solanthos 09-10-2006 09:39 PM

This show sucked tonight. I hate Cris Collinsworth. Sterling and Bettis didn't impress me as analysts and Costas is kinda boring. The annoying LCD screens with the constant Chevy ads were way overdone, too.

Not to mention one funny fact - There were Chevy ads all over the place for the pregame, and now the halftime show is sponsored by Toyota.

jstnrgrs 09-11-2006 12:30 AM

As I understand it, NBC has the exclusive rights to extended highlights. So where were they? If you're going to negotiate for those exclusive rights, I would think you would want to use them. Otherwise, save some money and let someone else show highlights.