Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25NL AK hand 300bb deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=525594)

Das Budrick 10-18-2007 04:58 AM

25NL AK hand 300bb deep

villain is 48/4.4/2 over 80 hands
he has been limping a lot, no other reads

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($74.80)</font>
MP ($29.65)
CO ($76.15)
Button ($27.60)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($74.10)</font>
BB ($46.05)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($3.25) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.2</font>, MP folds, SB calls $2.20.

Turn: ($7.65) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $10</font>

i would like to know what you guys think is the best way to handle this when we are this deep

Nick C 10-18-2007 05:10 AM

Re: 25NL AK hand 300bb deep

It sucks, but I call and let him take control of the hand. Even though Villain's play looks trappy, he may be aware of that, and he also could be "trapping" with a worse king on this board. I'm not folding for just another $5.

If he follows up with a river bomb, then you're going to be in a difficult spot, but I'm pretty sure I would call anything up to a pot-sized bet. Villain's postflop stats are not exactly station-ish given his preflop looseness and preflop passivity.

slush420 10-18-2007 05:12 AM

as of so far I don't think this was played badly at all although if he steals from you a lot postflop you may want to consider checking flop as a turn card is VERY unlikely to hurt your hand. as played call turn and re eval on river. 2 is a pretty neutral post flop aggression, so I would be inclined to call most river bets and hope he shows kq or kj.

yegon 10-18-2007 05:19 AM

normally I would just fold without reads, the fact thet we are in position might make me call but it might be a leak. We can't call a reasonable river bet so we would be calling in hopes villain checks river or to hit a K. Neither is going to happen often enough for the call to be profitable imo.

Das Budrick 10-18-2007 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It sucks, but I call and let him take control of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool this is what I had in mind once he checkraised me. I was concerned that this would be too passive, as I would probably shove if I only had 100bb. I figured it would be best to call a med sized river bet after calling turn

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not folding for just another $5.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. lets say he pops it to 15 or 20. is this still a call/re-eval river scenario?

slush420 10-18-2007 05:27 AM

if he makes it $15 or $20 to go I likely swallow my pride and fold. Given his looseness he would def show up with a3, k3s, or 77 often enough to fold to a raise this big with deep stacks. but since it's a min raise, it's far more likely he might have kq or kj and that's why I call.

vixticator 10-18-2007 05:29 AM

Call turn and anything up to PSB on river IMO. Do not raise. I'll play 125-150bb pot with TPTK against this dude. There is a very good chance he does have a three but probably does same thing with Kx. Who knows. Don't call some overbet though.

edit: I'd like it better if he raised the flop TBH. Turn is more in line with a three...

Nick C 10-18-2007 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not folding for just another $5.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree. lets say he pops it to 15 or 20. is this still a call/re-eval river scenario?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a tough spot. I mean, folding a hand as strong as AK to a turn checkraise seems exploitable as hell. If we're folding that, what the hell could we have that we're calling with? Just KK, 77, and quad 3's, I guess.

Then again, turn checkraising exclusively with monster hands is also theoretically exploitable, which is why we're considering folding.

To be honest, though, at the table I probably call the turn checkraise to $15-20, with the plan of seeing how much Villain bets on the river. I mean, that paired card on the board is just so low . . .

The problem is, though, Villain will usually either bet big on the river and get me to fold, meaning I've paid off a big turn checkraise without even getting to see his hand, or he'll bet $15-20 or so again and I'll pay off his K7o [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].

So folding to a big turn checkraise might be the play.

Shoe Lace 10-18-2007 05:49 AM

I've played a villain with similar stats once. Replace the K on the board with an A.

Same exact action, pretty much identical bet sizes, and 250BBs deep instead of 300BBs.

I called, he bet 50% on the river and turned over A7 (in your case K7).

Obviously we're talking about 2 different hands and a different villain (most likely heh), but I don't think it's impossible for to him to have K7 here. His VPIP is nearly 50.

I don't think AK is good here, but I'll repeat what Nick said. Wtf are we calling with then if we fold AK here?

I really don't like this spot when you're this deep because very little went into the pot preflop and on the flop compared to the turn/river.

munkey 10-18-2007 07:41 AM

I would check turn here sometimes vs villan that is likely to also bluff/mnraise paired flops/turns.

If I was thinking and not just auto-betthe turn given the flop texture. As played given how deep we are I call the turn minraise getting 4 to 1ish ( for an ace/king and he may have worse) and c/f river a fair amount if he bets decent.