Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   KK rr pot weird spot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=495718)

Isura 09-07-2007 12:37 PM

KK rr pot weird spot

Villain has taggy/aggro stats, around 27/21 over about 100 hands. We haven't tangled much, and this is the first time I've defended my blind against his button raise. I kinda hate my whole line. Should I just check turn with this line, and call him down (try to rep Tx/JJ or w/e). I was thinking that he knows his line looks FOS, and he'd probably peel turn with a draw instead of risk me shoving. Same reasoning if he has a decent 1 pair.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $236.00
Hero (BB): $274.55
UTG: $186.40
MP: $734.45
CO: $140.05
BTN: $465.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $8.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $26.00</font>, BTN calls $18.00

Flop: ($53) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($53) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $35.00</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $98.00</font>, Hero folds

Fiepoto 09-07-2007 12:47 PM

Re: KK rr pot weird spot

I would bet ~25 on the flop. What does FOS mean?

FishSticks 09-07-2007 12:49 PM

I'm generally betting the flop here, is that not your standard?

If I'm checking the flop, I'm prob checking the turn again. Your line looks kind of bluffy to me, so he certainly could just be making a move because he thinks you're weak. However, in terms of actual value hands you beat, I just don't see AQ/JJ showing up here, so I guess you have to fold as played given there is zero 3betting history. Meh.

FishSticks 09-07-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does FOS mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Full of [censored]

MYNAMEIZGREG 09-07-2007 12:52 PM

You should bet out on the flop the first time. You can't check the flop and bet the turn. If you are going for this line, I would c/c the turn, and put out a little "blocker" on the river, intending to call a raise. I think that it's a lot to assume the guy is just gonna double barrel the first time at these stakes, especially if he didn't bet the flop.

deaders 09-07-2007 12:55 PM

Im not seeing why you didnt bet the flop? Your line looks pretty weak so this could be a draw from him, or AQ going for some value but you have put yourself in a bad spot. As played I think a turn check raise gets paid off very light.

Stonewalled 09-07-2007 12:59 PM

Isura, what's the reasoning for checking the flop here? I'm virtually always continuation betting here, both to extract value from a Qx hand and to make any draws pay.

As played, I think I'm calling the turn, and trying to get to showdown cheaply, unahappily calling most river bets.

Mrage 09-07-2007 01:00 PM

Bet the flop? If there is basically zero history between you two, what is the rationale behind checking the flop?

Logun 09-07-2007 01:01 PM

so you put him on specfically QQ/TT or QT?

I don't understand this hand?

I think I call him down at least here and maybe even 3 bet

You are ahead of AQ, KQ, JQ, 9J, JK, JJ, 99, 88 and even AK most of these hands he could be making a move with after you check the flop and then relatively weak lead the turn.

BombayBadboy 09-07-2007 01:23 PM

Tbh, I can't see him check behind the flop with a monster ever. Who would give a free one with QT on the board?