Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Oaks 15/30 , two barrels or one barrel? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=550424)

swede554 11-20-2007 04:12 AM

Oaks 15/30 , two barrels or one barrel?

15/30 at the Oaks. I got a good image. Have shown down mostly strong hands, and have a lot of chips in front of me. Previous round I won a huge pot, flopping pair+NFD, turn aces up and river the nutflush, to beat a lower two pair and a smaller flush. Very next hand I 3bet an EP raiser, and MP coldcaller w/ AQs in LP and fired 2-barrels on a K244 board to eventually lose to EP's 99 after blank river went check-check. I mucked my hand w/o showing if that makes a difference.

Villain has been playing mostly TAGish straightforward. Liked to open somewhat light in LP though. I think he's paying attention somewhat, but is also watching MNF off and on.

2 EP limpers, villain raises in MP, I 3-bet AQo in the CO. Limpers fold surprisingly, villain calls.

Flop 555r

Villain checks, I bet, villain calls.

Turn K, completing the rainbow.

Villain checks, I?

vmacosta 11-20-2007 04:28 AM

Re: Oaks 15/30 , two barrels or one barrel?

My god, def bet. You could easily get him to fold AJ/AQ here and you have an annoying but not-so-tough fold to a raise. If the river comes an A, Q, or J then you should bet again. else, check.

Niediam 11-20-2007 10:13 AM

Do you consider your preflop play standard or are you only doing it against this villian?

Turn is an easy bet/fold for me.

KitCloudkicker 11-20-2007 10:45 AM

bet the turn and its not close.

BeakWetter 11-20-2007 11:02 AM

Bet.
No need for him to think you double barrel w/o the goods everytime here. If he C/R, fold complaining that QQ is never good.

Mr Rick 11-20-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet.
No need for him to think you double barrel w/o the goods everytime here. If he C/R, fold complaining that QQ is never good.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with b/f. Truly funny about QQ. If you can manage it, fumble your cards as you are folding and expose the Q...

swede554 11-20-2007 02:51 PM

Yep def goofed this one. For some reason I frooze and checked behind, probably because of my failed two-barrel the previous round w/ the same hand which is obv a bad reason. River blank went check-check and I chopped the pot vs. villain's ATs. As I thought about the hand driving home I concluded the turn is a must-bet because 1. he'll likely fold hands I'm choppping with (worse aces) and 2. since I 3bet pre, most villains (incorrectly) will put me on a decent pair or AK, maybe AQ. If he got a smallish pair 66-99, the K is great card for me as now he might think he can't beat a bigger pair or AK, and fold a smaller pair which is obv great result for me. The only drawback is if he decides to c/r bluff a worse hand repping the K, but in hindsight I shoud've known that this particular player was very unlikely to do this, and hence I could easily fold to a c/r.

swede554 11-20-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you consider your preflop play standard or are you only doing it against this villian?

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider my preflop line to be pretty standard. I got a good hand, but one that doesn't play great vs. a lot of opponents so by 3betting 1. I'll likely buy the button and 2. hopefully knock the blinds out and maybe one or both of the limpers and get HU. 3-betting will also increase my postflop FE on boards I don't hit, something I failed to take advantage of in the hand in question.

Obv if a rock raises in front of me, I'll probably not 3bet, but vs. most players in this game I routinely will.

Is my thinking sound about this preflop?

Niediam 11-20-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider my preflop line to be pretty standard. I got a good hand, but one that doesn't play great vs. a lot of opponents so by 3betting 1. I'll likely buy the button and 2. hopefully knock the blinds out and maybe one or both of the limpers and get HU. 3-betting will also increase my postflop FE on boards I don't hit, something I failed to take advantage of in the hand in question.

Obv if a rock raises in front of me, I'll probably not 3bet, but vs. most players in this game I routinely will.

Is my thinking sound about this preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about the average player in your specific game but in general AQo doesn't do well against a preflop raiser.

CardSharpCook 11-20-2007 04:12 PM

Niedam,

Your ideas confuse me. I do not wish to subscribe to your newsletter.