Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=361361)

dmk 03-27-2007 10:07 AM

Re: Choose Your Own Adventure Vol I: The Road to Eleria

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

Didn't Tiedup have like...1 post...?

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY

welcome to tiedup's wolf game. plus his one post was extremely terrible.

man it's good to be able to post with vowels

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one was terrible?

The one where he voted Neil after he claimed seer (which you did, except you went further in trying to get other people to lynch him as well)

or

The one where he votes chim (which you were doing at the time as well)

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:07 AM

and by after 9PM i totally mean a little before i voted sighing, which was probably earlier, given that 9PM was night.

anyway, i'm curious as to why lastchance thought chim was villager, then finally allowed me to persuade him to vote chim, then after all the sighing votes started it took him a while to finally switch off of chim, whom he thought was seriously villager.

it's suspicious, is all.

also, the wdc chim/sighing/chim will be explained, i hope.

sighing 03-27-2007 10:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
plzplzplzplzplz j*st st*ck w/ ch*m17

d*n't d* th*s t* m*...

*G**N.

[/ QUOTE ]
40 minutes to go. Let me translate.

[ QUOTE ]
please please please, just stick with chim17.

don't do this to me...

AGAIN.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you ask durron to help you convince people not to switch, and say it's too risky to switch. With over a half-hour left.

Now you claim that you didn't want to lynch him at all?

I can't fathom how you aren't a wolf here. Maybe the assassin can't die from his own poison or something.

Nez477 03-27-2007 10:11 AM

Aaron,

Interesting.

If you'd read yesterday you'd see my post is consistent with yesterday. i didn't just make a bunch of [censored] up, I either voted for or mentioned most of my wolf prospects yesterday.

dmk 03-27-2007 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one was terrible?

The one where he voted Neil after he claimed seer (which you did, except you went further in trying to get other people to lynch him as well)

or

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, its posts like this that caused me to vote him yesterday. Don't be surprised if I push him again.

I really don't understand why some people think he's so clear.

durron597 03-27-2007 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Durron,

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY

[/ QUOTE ]

Which one was terrible?

or

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, i had forgotten my reasoning since yesterday was a traumatic experience. I just went back and looked.

it was the very tiedup-wolfy "just slide my name on a villager bandwagon and hope no one notices"... we now know that both chim and neil were villagers. he then tries to "see if a traz vote is good" (which a lot of us think it's not) when neil gets modkilled before voting chim.

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:12 AM

sighing -

you REALLY believe that?

BluffBlank 03-27-2007 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to pretend yesterday never happened. I only skimmed the posts with whole words and don't have a read on anyone.

I dislike Nez's first two posts today. His first post of suspects sounds forced and fake. This since I really didn't read yesterday is in a vacuum but in other games some of my bests reads (guesses) have been from early posts. His second post, just rubs me the wrong way; why would anyone like a thread with 400 posts without people using vowels. I know Nez has said, he is going to try to play differently and have more fun, which I fully support, as I have said people take this game too seriously, but something just doesn't seem right about Nez.

Vote Nez

[/ QUOTE ]

This post sounds really wolfy to me.

durron597 03-27-2007 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Now you claim that you didn't want to lynch him at all?

I can't fathom how you aren't a wolf here. Maybe the assassin can't die from his own poison or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

again, QFT

i mean, sighing may be a wolf here and i will look silly, but man shorty if you weren't confirmed you would look so terrible.

dmk 03-27-2007 10:14 AM

Durron,

While a traz vote isn't necessarily good, I certainly wouldn't classify it as being bad.

Voj 03-27-2007 10:14 AM

Very frustrating end of day 1 indeed.. I really wonder how people can be crazy enough to post 400 posts without wovels... I won't read it (even if it comes to must-lynch).
Now my reads - which were already not so strong - are weaker..
But here we go :
Yesterday's wolf list : dmk ; traz ; JaredL
Without new informations, I'm automatically lowering dmk and traz a bit (Jared post, where he obviously hadn't read the topic at al, was terrible).
sighing must be added to this list (I will have to reread his early day 1 posts - nothing has shocked me by then but .. how knows ?).
I lke durron's idea of TiedUp14 ; in fact I will vote for him hoping to make him post a bit more ?
This is it for the moment :

vote TiedUp14

Do we have an action to perform before xxpm ? Haven't seen it.

aeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiouaeiou

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:14 AM

why is it that every time i see bluffblank's name, i immediately associate him with "that post is really wolfy"?

is it because every post he makes is really wolfy?

or because every post he makes is about a really wolfy post (in his opinion)?

i wouldn't be crushed by a tiedup lynch. but i'd prefer a sighing lynch until he proves otherwise.

sighing 03-27-2007 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
sighing -

you REALLY believe that?

[/ QUOTE ]
Believe what? Last night you were chim all the way with an hour to go, and then you saw a shot to get me lynched instead and started with the "vote sighing now! go go go! now now now!" stuff that's your normal super-manipulative wolf game (and I guess villager game). Now today you say you didn't want him lynched.

Which is the one I'm supposed to believe? You've played enough to know that a switch with over a half-hour left, from the top vote-getter to a secondary vote-getter isn't particularly risky to the village, but you blocked it first, then saw me as a better target at the end, pushing a switch with far LESS time on the clock.

I'm just not sure which part was the manipulation.. trying to get people to stay on chim, or trying to switch them to me.

I'd be locked on a shortline vote all day today if you weren't poisoned.

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Shortline's posts seem very different for him.. not at all manipulative (at least in the way he usually is), so I'm inclined strongly to see him as village. Durron also seems village based on how he acted in The Two Towers.

My best read for now is Chim, but that's pretty weak. I think there are like ten people who haven't even posted yet, which kinda sucks in a game with a 3pm vote deadline. Still inclined toward the "move forward" option as far as that goes.

[/ QUOTE ]
interesting post, sighing

durron597 03-27-2007 10:17 AM

i'm actually not thrilled with the sighing lynch because he's saying everything i'm thinking. i expect i will look like a fool after the game, but for right now i feel like i'm on the same wavelength with him.

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chim

Slf dfns, bt t's bd, bd vt sghng thnks.

[/ QUOTE ]
especially given this post

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:18 AM

so somehow, you got to opposite land between day 1 and day 2.

justify plz

durron597 03-27-2007 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shortline's posts seem very different for him.. not at all manipulative (at least in the way he usually is), so I'm inclined strongly to see him as village. Durron also seems village based on how he acted in The Two Towers.

My best read for now is Chim, but that's pretty weak. I think there are like ten people who haven't even posted yet, which kinda sucks in a game with a 3pm vote deadline. Still inclined toward the "move forward" option as far as that goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. this is why he was on my suspect list yesterday. but switching to sighing with like 15 minutes left is [censored], shorty, and then claiming that you didn't want chim lynched is also [censored].

sighing 03-27-2007 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, I thought you were a definite villager yesterday MORNING, based on calm, non-manipulative posts. Then you gave me that Fishmonger's Mafia flashback at the end there, when, hmm.. I was a SEER-PEEKED VILLAGER and you were, let me think.. a wolf.

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. this is why he was on my suspect list yesterday. but switching to sighing with like 15 minutes left is [censored], shorty, and then claiming that you didn't want chim lynched is also [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
accept or reject this statement:

"By setting up a last minute bandwagon on sighing, we now stand to learn more from day 1 than if we had allowed chim to be lynched uncontested."

durron597 03-27-2007 10:20 AM

CLARIFICATION OF MY POSITION

I do not think sighing is a villager. I would love to see dual sighing / tiedup bandwagons today.

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:20 AM

and sighing:

i meant more how you managed to come to the conclusion that chim was a bad vote after your early read. i'm sure you addressed this somewhere. can you find it for me?

sighing 03-27-2007 10:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"By setting up a last minute bandwagon on sighing, we now stand to learn more from day 1 than if we had allowed chim to be lynched uncontested."

[/ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately for me, this is a true statement for everyone but me.. I didn't learn much.

However, I don't think we learned a lot, because there weren't many people online at the time, and even I was scared to post for fear of using a vowel.

durron597 03-27-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

accept.

you wanted chim lynched for most of yesterday.

[ QUOTE ]
durron, i didn't want chim lynched. i wanted to have a situation with 2 or 3 late bandwagons, but i didn't realize the thread woudl be so dead at 9PM in such a big game.

[/ QUOTE ]

lying to cover up the fact that you spent most of yesterday leading a villager bandwagon "to make yourself look like you're not infallible" is total [censored]. that doesn't mean i disagree with you about sighing, however.

durron597 03-27-2007 10:23 AM

if you admit that you [censored] up yesterday i will drop this subject

sighing 03-27-2007 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and sighing:

i meant more how you managed to come to the conclusion that chim was a bad vote after your early read. i'm sure you addressed this somewhere. can you find it for me?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I addressed it with no vowels... it was a response to Chim asking me the same thing.

When the chim bandwagon started up, early, and I was on it, Chim defended himself in a way that seemed very villagery to me, so I moved him from 60% wolf to 20% wolf, making him not a very good lynch (though still better than me in the final moments there)

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:24 AM

As long as we proceed with a rule in mind:

"in general, wolves do not want to be seen as a late vote on a villager wagon unless there is another wolf's wagon to protect."

then I think we are on the right track.

BluffBlank 03-27-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is it that every time i see bluffblank's name, i immediately associate him with "that post is really wolfy"?

is it because every post he makes is really wolfy?

or because every post he makes is about a really wolfy post (in his opinion)?

[/ QUOTE ]

The second is definately true. That's how I play. I read and when I see something is wolfy I point it out. I don't have a good way of reading "villager", so I stick with what has worked for me.

Although that isn't to say that you don't see my posts as wolfy too. It's certainly been pointed out in every game I've ever played in.

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
for much of the day i was totally kosher with a chim lynch, and i said as much.

i was always planning to start another bandwagon at the end that would overtake chim.

durron597 03-27-2007 10:26 AM

i still think bluff is a villager fwiw

sighing 03-27-2007 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i was always planning to start another bandwagon at the end that would overtake chim.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm honored that you always seem to choose me for that role :/

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm honored that you always seem to choose me for that role :/

[/ QUOTE ]
hey, you were there, and you sounded weird

for now, i just want to make sure EVERYONE posts today. you know you won't be the only bandwagon today.

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:29 AM

queue sighing post explaining that he sounded weird cause he couldn't use vowels

sighing 03-27-2007 10:29 AM

Okay, I'm less upset now. I was all prepared to make a case for shortline as a wolf, and that was totally derailed by the poison. Getting some work done at work, back later.

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:30 AM

damn, i timed the post just right, but i got his post wrong

sighing 03-27-2007 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
queue sighing post explaining that he sounded weird cause he couldn't use vowels

[/ QUOTE ]
I sounded weird because I couldn't use vowels.

Btw, if I was a wolf, I would've either killed you outright last night, or left you alive so I could try to get you lynched for the voting stuff last night. I wouldn't have confirmed you.

Nez477 03-27-2007 10:36 AM

Meh, i just reread FMXDA.

He posted a lot more yesterday than I thought, again. I always seem to just focus on one or two posts.

He's still a possible wolf, but he was a lot more active and helpful and somewhat villagery than I remember. He did say "I sounded very wolfy" in his first post and then said "I was very villagery" in a post later that afternoon. Which I still find odd, although he claimed I changed my tone or something.

Sighing is fine, and the push for tiedup is, IMO, unfounded and kind of makes Durron look bad. The dude made two posts that were in line with what many others were doing and just following along with Chim for no real reason.

He wasn't alone there.

The more I think about it the more I really want to lynch Traz.

durron597 03-27-2007 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe you, largely because you're poisoned, but you started that process way too late with the vowel poison.

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:38 AM

Two questions for Nez:

1) Why was I poisoned, and not Traz?

2) Who were the other people besides TiedUp who were making posts "in line" with him? Cite sources.

shortline99 03-27-2007 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe you, largely because you're poisoned, but you started that process way too late with the vowel poison.

[/ QUOTE ]
i still thought enough people would be online