Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Remembered a maybe interesting hand 75/150 live (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553934)

DeathDonkey 11-25-2007 03:12 AM

Remembered a maybe interesting hand 75/150 live

Same session as HOWMANY's spam [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Him and I chatted at the table about a concept from the Hoss TBF / mathematics of poker camp about rarely capping preflop OOP even in 3 way pots for deception maybe an hour earlier when this hand came up...

Crazy Mike limps, I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO, HOWMANY 3 bets the button, blinds fold, Crazy Mike calls, I decide to call (I have played probably 100 hours with Sean and he would say I would cap AA here 100% of the time and up until this moment he would be correct).

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Crazy Mike donks, I raise, Sean pretty quickly coldcalls two bets, Mike calls.

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Mike donks again, I tank for awhile and call. Who likes a raise here and why?

Sean now raises, Crazy Mike folds (lol 9x), and its back to me. Plan for turn?

Plan for rivered heart? Rivered Ace? Rivered Jack? Brick?

-DeathDonkey

mike l. 11-25-2007 03:20 AM

Re: Remembered a maybe interesting hand 75/150 live

when sean called the flop i knew he had an overpair and was raising the turn. you should 3 bet the turn and im assuming that was your plan when you called the turn. c/r all rivered hearts. bet fold the rest.

st4brains 11-25-2007 03:23 AM

i really dont think you get raised if you are not beat here, you can call the turn and hope for an A,or a heart. if that hits bet. a brick river here i would just check call... but then again you didnt say how anyone plays..so im just going off a average player

PokerBob 11-25-2007 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Same session as HOWMANY's spam [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Him and I chatted at the table about a concept from the Hoss TBF / mathematics of poker camp about rarely capping preflop OOP even in 3 way pots for deception maybe an hour earlier when this hand came up...

Crazy Mike limps, I raise A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO, HOWMANY 3 bets the button, blinds fold, Crazy Mike calls, I decide to call (I have played probably 100 hours with Sean and he would say I would cap AA here 100% of the time and up until this moment he would be correct).

Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Crazy Mike donks, I raise, Sean pretty quickly coldcalls two bets, Mike calls.

Turn 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Mike donks again, I tank for awhile and call. Who likes a raise here and why?

Sean now raises, Crazy Mike folds (lol 9x), and its back to me. Plan for turn?

Plan for rivered heart? Rivered Ace? Rivered Jack? Brick?

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

call the turn and donk any river.

st4brains 11-25-2007 03:38 AM

i dont like the donk to any river here.

*TT* 11-25-2007 04:42 AM

Only hands that beats you are JJ & 99 unless he would 3-ball with KhQh/AxJh (both unlikely unless your playing short and/or spazzy). I raise it up hoping he holds KhKx or QhQx.

Joe Tall 11-25-2007 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
when sean called the flop i knew he had an overpair and was raising the turn. .

[/ QUOTE ]

He 3-bets the flop if he has a Jack, I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
you should 3 bet the turn and im assuming that was your plan when you called the turn. c/r all rivered hearts. bet fold the rest

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if we 3-bet, DD's line should put the fear of God in Howmany if he keeps on the gas. Why give him a chance to fold, or, will Howmany never fold to DD here, I dunno.

The Dude 11-25-2007 05:23 AM

I have no idea if Sean will ever fold KK, QQ, or TT if you 3bet here, but I'm certainly not entertaining the thought that I could be behind. If you think he will fold those some of the time then I'd checkraise the river.

Joe Tall 11-25-2007 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only hands that beats you are JJ & 99 unless he would 3-ball with KhQh/AxJh (both unlikely unless your playing short and/or spazzy). I raise it up hoping he holds KhKx or QhQx.

[/ QUOTE ]

KQs and AJo are on the top of HOWMANY vs DDs range in this game.

mike l. 11-25-2007 08:19 AM

"will Howmany never fold to DD here, I dunno."

you sure you dont know that? cmon now you could probably make an educated guess.