Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   things you absolutly cannot do in video games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531290)

HotPockets 11-20-2007 02:15 PM

Re: things you absolutly cannot do in video games

1: Successfully manage to build a krogoth in total annihilation

2: beat that stupid fly swatter game in mario paint.

brmorgen 11-20-2007 04:33 PM

I'm proud to say I'm one of the select few who has beaten battletoads. Level 7 is the worst (rocketship ride), level 10 is the most fun, and one of the most innovative levels of all time in a side scrolling game (rat race), level 3 is also awesome. Also the friendly looking ducks that kill you in one shot on level 9 i think it is are cool too.

JustinWilliams 11-28-2007 04:14 AM

Hercs adventures on Playstation one had me stumped for about 3 years.

Until i finally gave up, probably the most frusturating thing of my life

Assani Fisher 11-28-2007 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just beat Super Ghouls and Ghosts. Very hard.

The ending was so [censored] tilt inducing though. Rather than you saved the princess and lived happily ever after it goes on and on about the stupid [censored] bracelet.

[/ QUOTE ]

blackize,

I think you're a great poster, and I congratulate you on getting this far in the game. However, I don't think you beat it. You actually have to beat the game twice to actually beat it IIRC. I don't remember the exact story or reasons, but yeah something about the bracelet that you have to go back and do it again. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? Regardless, have a great night bro.

Love,
Assani

blackize 11-28-2007 08:28 AM

Yeah the first time you "beat" the game it tells you that you can't beat the last boss without the bracelet and you have to go back and find it. Then you start over and when you actually beat the game the message you get to read is something to the effect of "Who knew the bracelet was the only thing that could defeat the boss? Not even the princess knew that her very own bracelet was a weapon from heaven." And it continues on for a bit about the bracelet before it cuts to the credits.

As lame as the "Congratulations! You saved the universe!" endings are, at least they don't prattle on with inane chatter.

hulk3rules 11-29-2007 06:35 AM

Very impressive. And I agree, even thought the game is insanely difficult there are a lot of awesome parts to it

Chris Daddy Cool 11-29-2007 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I only pulled off Zangeif's spinning pile driver in Street Fighter II once...although it may have been a dream.

[/ QUOTE ]

the very best arcade sf2 players absolutely destroy with zangeif because they can do the spinning pile driver at will and it has such ridiculous range and is virtually unblockable if done correctly.

i was never on the experts' level with zangief but i could probably do the spinning pile driver like 60+% of the time i tried it in the arcades. biggest problem was finding opportunities to do it. it was much more difficult to learn on the snes d-pad.

also, when i first started playing sf2 in the arcades i'd almost never use ken or ryu because i couldn't pull of the dragon punch with consistency (though i can now), but it was really easy for me to do on the snes d-pad.