Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Flop top two on draw heavy board and turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353037)

xxrod17xx 03-12-2007 07:26 AM

Flop top two on draw heavy board and turn

Villan is unknown...the only reason I took one off on the flop miniraise was to try and get lucky and win a big pot. Was my call on the flop correct? I think fold on the turn AI was pretty standard though.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
8 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
UTG: $10
UTG+1: $4.05
MP1: $8.40
MP2: $17.40
CO: $9.70
BTN: $5
SB: $1.65
Hero (BB): $4.7

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.15, 8 players)
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, BTN folds, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.30

<font color="black">Flop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.85, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to $1.20</font>, Hero calls $0.60

<font color="black">Turn:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] ($3.25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets all in for $2.45</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $2.45 returned to UTG+1

<font color="black">River:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [] ($3.25, 1 players)
No action

masterdon 03-12-2007 08:07 AM

Re: Flop top two on draw heavy board and turn

I would probably reraise the flop and try to get it all in, but I don't think it's terrible to just call on the flop.

Yeah, that Q sucks. I c/f there all day too.

futuredoc85 03-12-2007 08:49 AM

3-bet flop, as played c/f is good

Jurrr 03-13-2007 12:46 PM

I'm missing something here. What do we fear here? A Jack?

Which Jack hands will limp-call pre and minraise that rainbow flop? AJ/QJ/JT maybe (if misplayed btw)? Of these AJ and QJ may go for the minraise at this level I'd presume. And against QJ we just gained 3 outs as compared to the flop.

I think the turn Queen changes little; if we were ahead on the flop (which is very likely IMHO) then we're still ahead.

I stack off here and expect to see AT/KT here enough to make it EV+.

Just my $0.02; I'd be happy to hear why I'm wrong so I can fix my game.

good_gamble 03-13-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3-bet flop, as played c/f is good

[/ QUOTE ]

dotbum 03-13-2007 01:58 PM

If he's got the nut straight, with little fear of a scary river card, why doesn't he milk you over 2 easy streets?

With better than 2-1, I'd be tempted to think there's enough worse 2 pairs here to warrant a call, not to mention the occasional bizarro-bluff with T2o. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] You did tell him that turn card scared you.