Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Small Pairs & Weak Suited Aces - To Move or Not to Move... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529475)

nutsinho 10-23-2007 05:52 PM

Re: Small Pairs & Weak Suited Aces - To Move or Not to Move...

call, shove, fold x4. 88 is certainly not a premium vs UTG+1.

uclabruinz 10-23-2007 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you guys all folding hand 1 getting 4-1 immediate odds? Calling is super standard for me. I didn't even consider a fold when I read the hand and am really surprised that I'm one of the only ones who calls here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Newbie236 10-23-2007 07:48 PM

Thanks for all the input. I'm really grateful. To answer some of your questions...

1) I called for set value. Folded flop. Other two players got all-in. First raiser showed QTo (a busted str8 draw). PF cold caller showed a set of 3's. If I had pushed, they would have folded I think.

2) Folded

3) Folded. The flop bettor to my left was Aaron Kanter. I figured one of those guys had an ace or a made hand. They checked it down, both turned over a King and I proceeded to vomit.

4) Folded

5) Folded. Should have shoved

6) Folded. I guess a no-brain fold but I was getting short.

When do you guys start looking for a reason to roll the dice as opposed to waiting for a better spot? 20BB, 15BB, 10BB, 5BB? When is it too late and you're better off busted and moving on to the next event?

getballed 10-23-2007 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the input. I'm really grateful. To answer some of your questions...

1) I called for set value. Folded flop. Other two players got all-in. First raiser showed QTo (a busted str8 draw). PF cold caller showed a set of 3's. If I had pushed, they would have folded I think.

2) Folded

3) Folded. The flop bettor to my left was Aaron Kanter. I figured one of those guys had an ace or a made hand. They checked it down, both turned over a King and I proceeded to vomit.

4) Folded

5) Folded. Should have shoved

6) Folded. I guess a no-brain fold but I was getting short.

When do you guys start looking for a reason to roll the dice as opposed to waiting for a better spot? 20BB, 15BB, 10BB, 5BB? When is it too late and you're better off busted and moving on to the next event?

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling hand1 for set value is wrong here, you need much bigger odds than that.

55 should of been a shove, COs range is huge here.

you have < 10 BB, 88 is a great hand for this situation

Vetgirig 10-24-2007 10:01 AM

1 Calling is very standard play. People seem to think it cost 850 to call. Since one is in BB one already has 300 in - so its only cost 550 and one can win 15 times that with a good flop - its a very easy call.

2 Re-raise to 2200. Shove the flop. Aka go-n-go

3 Fold

4. Fold - very easy.

5 Shove

6 Fold

stephenNUTS 10-24-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1 Calling is very standard play. People seem to think it cost 850 to call. Since one is in BB one already has 300 in - so its only cost 550 and one can win 15 times that with a good flop - its a very easy call.

2 Re-raise to 2200. Shove the flop. STOP -n-go

3 Fold

4. Fold - very easy.

5 Shove

6 Fold

[/ QUOTE ]

SF[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

jae686 10-24-2007 02:08 PM

1. call/fold/shove is my order of preference (this one is a tossup)
2. shove/fold (moderately standard)
3. fold (very standard)
4. fold (easiest of all of these...no fold equity and odd raise in front from EP)
5. shove (not too bad, gamble it up with a little fold equity)
6. fold (also very easy)

Black Aces 518 10-24-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2 Re-raise to 2200. Shove the flop. STOP -n-go

3 Fold

4. Fold - very easy.

5 Shove

6 Fold

[/ QUOTE ]

SF[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldn't stop n go be "call the raise, shove the flop?" there's no stop about "raise to 2200".

dumbndumb 10-24-2007 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fold - I don't actually think call is as bad as people are making it out to be though.
shove
fold
fold
shove 88 is way ahead of anyone who raises 14 percent pf's opening range
fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

Hand 1 = great pot odds, fold is more conservative and chip saving, though.

I think anyone considering shoving 3 and 4 is out of their minds.

Hand 5 shove>>fold>>>call.

DJA 10-24-2007 05:50 PM

Here's my thoughts on folding (rather then calling)

If you have to fold if you don't hit your set, and IF AND ONLY IF you get paid off 1/3 of the time you hit your set you have about a SB in +EV. That is if you NEVER lose with a set. The problem is if you are getting called when you hit your set there is a fraction of the time that the caller is on a draw or has you beat, and you are going to lose.

Probably the best +EV is to push this hand. The raiser is from relatively late position, cold caller could have half a hand (QTs or something), and your push carries a significant amount of FE.

25 BB I'm waiting for a better spot tho.