Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2/4 HU Line Check (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=422607)

Teh1337zor 06-07-2007 11:47 PM

Re: 2/4 HU Line Check

can we plz stop saying how bad it is and try to find what would be the best line

lolz

intensity 06-07-2007 11:48 PM

betting the turn

jfish 06-08-2007 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i pretty much hate all of it

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont c/r flop. dont call river.

jfish 06-08-2007 12:53 AM

also, saying you are "standard tag" is vvvv vague hu. do you 3bet a lot, do you call a lot oop, is he opening a lot of hands on button, are you c/ring a lot of flops, do you c-bet turn after c/ring flops etc.

Moonshine 06-08-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, saying you are "standard tag" is vvvv vague hu. do you 3bet a lot, do you call a lot oop, is he opening a lot of hands on button, are you c/ring a lot of flops, do you c-bet turn after c/ring flops etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

the session just started maybe ten minutes ago

i've cr'ed some flops with air, haven't shown down anything crazy, etc.

he seems pretty solid but has made one or two transparent plays that i thought he was just leveling me with but after a short while i came to think he's just not that good

Moonshine 06-08-2007 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you overrepped your hand, then you underrepped your hand... then you folded

[/ QUOTE ]

read. i didnt fold

i mainly want opinions on what to do on the turn. i think i have to call river after my turn play, though maybe i'm wrong here too?

Josh. 06-08-2007 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

read. i didnt fold

i mainly want opinions on what to do on the turn. i think i have to call river after my turn play, though maybe i'm wrong here too?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's even worse than than when i first looked then. people just don't overbet that often without a big hand. but it's your flop c/r on that board that puts you in an unwinnable spot on later streets

Moonshine 06-08-2007 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

read. i didnt fold

[/ QUOTE ]

it's even worse than than when i first looked then. your flop c/r on that board is just atrocious and puts you in an unwinnable spot on later streets

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this flop cr so bad? you would rather have complete air or a set/big draw here?

what do you like for a line? check/call flop, check/call turn?

i mean i obviously call this in a standard hand but i do like to have a fairly wide cr range hu. you're telling me if you raise here agaisnt a fairly predictable tagish player you want to just check/fold or bet/fold the turn?

i'm honestly looking for advice here and i'm not really ashamed to admit it. I haven't regularly played in a while and i'm really behind the current flow of the games these days.

pokeriseasy 06-08-2007 02:57 AM

I would rather a donk bet then a C/R, if he 3bets I just shove. If he calls I'd try to crai on the turn. As played I think a call is pretty thin on the river, but it's not bad. As for the turn I would check here against some players, bet against others (those capable of floating the flop, and those capable of folding a better hand). If the turn went check check I would bet 2/3 pot on the rive.r

Josh. 06-08-2007 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

read. i didnt fold

[/ QUOTE ]

it's even worse than than when i first looked then. your flop c/r on that board is just atrocious and puts you in an unwinnable spot on later streets

[/ QUOTE ]

why is this flop cr so bad? you would rather have complete air or a set/big draw here?

what do you like for a line? check/call flop, check/call turn?

i mean i obviously call this in a standard hand but i do like to have a fairly wide cr range hu. you're telling me if you raise here agaisnt a fairly predictable tagish player you want to just check/fold or bet/fold the turn?

i'm honestly looking for advice here and i'm not really ashamed to admit it. I haven't regularly played in a while and i'm really behind the current flow of the games these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's really as simple as you are building a big pot out of position with a small pot hand