Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   PLO 100 - scare card with flopped top set, standard? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=450182)

Elrazor 07-13-2007 11:39 AM

PLO 100 - scare card with flopped top set, standard?

Not much information on Villlan, but he is fairly agro running 55/20/2.25 over 45 hands. i am 29/9/2.5 in this session - not much 6 seater experience are these numbers ok?

also is my line of checking so he can fire at his missed flush draw ok?

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($20.5, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $22</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($64.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $66</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $89</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($242.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $242.5)

Results in White: <font color="white"> <font color="white">Mollillom showed [9c Qc 8h Ah] and won ($241) with A Straight, Ace high - is his play standard to call with a Q high flush draw and gutshot??</font>
Final pot: $242.5

TrainHardDieHard 07-13-2007 12:57 PM

Re: PLO 100 - scare card with flopped top set, standard?

How can you be so sure he's firing at a missed flush draw?

CrushinFelt 07-13-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not much information on Villlan, but he is fairly agro running 55/20/2.25 over 45 hands. i am 29/9/2.5 in this session - not much 6 seater experience are these numbers ok?

also is my line of checking so he can TAKE A FREE CARD FOR his missed flush draw ok?

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($20.5, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $22</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($64.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $66</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $89</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($242.5, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $242.5)

Results in White: <font color="white"> <font color="white">Mollillom showed [9c Qc 8h Ah] and won ($241) with A Straight, Ace high - is his play standard to call with a Q high flush draw and gutshot??</font>
Final pot: $242.5

[/ QUOTE ]

his play is stnd, your play is bad because you're never folding to his bet and you are giving him a chance at a free card

chucky 07-13-2007 01:03 PM

Yes 11 out calls of pot with 2nd nfd are not totally unreasonable. That said, I don't like turn checkraise. Most good players that call your flop bet here are going to have a combo draw. Which means that tens, queens, and aces are scare cards. If he is post flop aggro, then let him try and steal the pot on the flop and come over the top.

nuclear500 07-13-2007 01:05 PM

He called the flop with a gutshot club straight flush draw and backdoor nut flush draw AND Ace high straight draw. I think the flop call by him was fine.

Ribbo 07-13-2007 01:07 PM

I think you played this fine. Your opponent does not give you respect on the flop for top set, his call was certainly very loose with no pair. All you needed was an ace high flush draw on the flop to have him totally dominated.
But as it is, plenty of people will take shots at you on the turn if you check to them as they will not put you on such a strong hand as top set.
This is just a situation where you lose your chips on the turn. Stacking off there isn't terrible if you don't have a read on your opponent.

fringsrache 07-13-2007 01:09 PM

Crushinfelt is it always standard to get it in with topset in this spot eventhough the T completed all str8-draws?
would u ever even consider c/f ?

MikeSmith 07-13-2007 02:19 PM

i dont like raising preflop utg with pretty much anything unless you look like a lag, easy check fold on the turn

CrushinFelt 07-13-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crushinfelt is it always standard to get it in with topset in this spot eventhough the T completed all str8-draws?
would u ever even consider c/f ?

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, if I had a very solid read then ... maybe, but still probably not. First of all because I wouldn't be checking this very often, and if I did check it's because I thought the opponent would shove a large percent of the time just off the weakness.

To c/f here very often is extremely nitty and will definitely cost you value in the long run (given these stacksizes) because against fairly aggro opponents; if you do check, people will fire with a wide range.

However, the reason for my first post against a check as a standard play is because I think more often this will get checked behind because neither the open-ended straight nor the flush got there which are the two most obvious draws.

grizy 07-13-2007 02:23 PM

I'd prefer leading the turn and call all in.