Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Raise him now or raise him later (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=548135)

pohuist 11-17-2007 03:19 AM

Raise him now or raise him later

20-40 10 handed live

Hero has a strong table image -- playing few hands and aggressively when he does, winning almost all showdowns, showing down premium hands. Villain is an unknown and is not necessarily aware of this as sat down a couple of orbits ago or not necessarily aware at all.

Villain open raises in c/o. Hero 3 bets otb w K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The blinds fold and villain 4 bets. Hero just calls (4 bet cap but no cap h/u). The flop comes all rags w/ two diamonds. It goes bet call. The turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Villain bets. Hero...?
Did I misplay every street?

StrictlyStrategy 11-17-2007 03:35 AM

Re: Raise him now or raise him later

Raise flop raise turn raise river.

bakku 11-17-2007 03:37 AM

wait for 6th street then raise

goofball 11-17-2007 04:05 AM

Flop call is ok (but not great) you misplayed all the rest of the streets though.

StrictlyStrategy 11-17-2007 04:29 AM

We don't know what he did on the river and I don't think calling is bad PF, though I think he seldom has AA here.

goofball 11-17-2007 06:26 AM

oops, i meant preflop call. Flop call is bad.

and given the way the hand was played I'm feeling pretty good about my assessment of the river action.

pohuist 11-18-2007 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We don't know what he did on the river and I don't think calling is bad PF, though I think he seldom has AA here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, he did not do anything on the river as he folded to my turn raise saying "I guess your AK just got there". So, I did indeed misplayed the flop although I still like PF call. (he has Aces there 1 time in in 200 but the hand plays better if I just call). However, if he put me on AK, I would have gotten a lot of action on the flop

yellowjack 11-18-2007 04:49 AM

imo PF is fine. players' ranges of 5-betting hands is way too narrow and results in collect much fewer bets postflop (e.g. c/c all 3 streets by scared villain).

flop raise is a must 100%. you can raise the ragged flop and possibly 4-bet.

Moemar 11-18-2007 03:36 PM

Flop needs to be a raise.

RobA 11-18-2007 03:39 PM

Raise the turn and call down a 3-bet. Obviously raise the river if you boat.

I guess I think its fine to try to be a little tricky HU with monsters. But generally seems better to play straight forward (5-bet preflop, and raise the flop).