Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Gambling Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Dog Racing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474347)

Thremp 08-10-2007 03:51 PM

Dog Racing

I am going to be on Greyhounds tomorrow. I need a obv winning system.

I'm deciding between 1) One who vomits but doesn't eat it last 2) Most retarded looking.

Thoughts?

SheetWise 08-10-2007 08:00 PM

Re: Dog Racing

Check the form stats for results from post position -- every track is a little different. Check past run times against what it's going to take to win this race. If the dog(s) in the winning post(s) can run a winning time, and if they can break -- bet them. Obvously, this has to be a race length they've run before (if it's shorter, bet them if they were fading in the longer race -- if it's longer, bet them if they were gaining in the shorter race -- otherwise scratch). A good way to bet dogs is to first eliminate, then add.

I bet dogs for fun -- and the track in Phoenix has one the best restaurants in town. I'll usually pick 5 contenders, in order 1-2-3-4-5, and then bet a 3-4-5 part wheel for the tri -- 123 with 1234 with 12345 for $27. At $27 per race, it's a pretty cheap evening. Half the time it covers my food and liquor bill + some, but most of all it's just cheap entertainment that occasionally wins a couple thousand. I love betting dogs in the rain [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

maidenguy 08-10-2007 08:25 PM

Give first consideration to a dog dropping in class(grade A dropping to Grade B is the best) or look for a dog who encountered trouble in his last race but still improved his position. Good Luck.

Thremp 08-10-2007 09:47 PM

I don't know what any of this [censored] means. You can bet on dogs like people bet on horses?

SheetWise 08-11-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what any of this [censored] means. You can bet on dogs like people bet on horses?

[/ QUOTE ]

No Thremp --you can bet on dogs like horses bet on people. It's considerably less certain.

Thremp 08-11-2007 05:51 AM

Interesting. I always thought dog racing was a fringe sport that was essentially a huge crapshoot. I'll have to find my gamblor dictionary and decipher these cryptic messages before tomorrow at 6. Thanks guys.

CORed 08-11-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's a lot like horse racing, except there's no jockeys, because it's really hard to find somebody small enough to ride a greyhound, what with child labor laws and all.

Thremp 08-11-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and if they can break -- bet them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I think I am not understanding atleast what I should be trying to do. But the problem is... I don't know what this means. Explain?

Thremp 08-11-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it's a lot like horse racing, except there's no jockeys, because it's really hard to find somebody small enough to ride a greyhound, what with child labor laws and all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hrm. Interesting. This is in the semi-rural south. Not like the Black Belt, but still pretty white trashy.

SheetWise 08-11-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and if they can break -- bet them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I think I am not understanding atleast what I should be trying to do. But the problem is... I don't know what this means. Explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not refering to their post number -- but to the winning post positions for that track. The track history will show which posts have an advantage.

When the chutes open -- there is one huge cluster fu*k as all posts converge on the rabbit. The entire race is largely determined by the position the dogs are in by the time they recover from the break, and make the first turn. If you look at the past performances -- a dog whose position at first call is ahead of their post is "breaking" out of the pack. If a dog can't break -- post position doesn't offer them much.