Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *** Official College Football Week 8 Thread *** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=241371)

damaniac 10-20-2006 07:53 PM

*** Official College Football Week 8 Thread ***

Didn't see one yet so I thought I'd get it going because I don't have hockey tix tonight and I have to wait for my friends to get back.

Rumors swirling in Ann Arbor that Adrian Arrington might be suspended for some disciplinary reason. Probably beat a homeless guy with his helmet or something. I heard from a guy who works in the Athletic Department who says he isn't playing, but conflicting info has been posted elsewhere, so I dunno. Last hurdle for the Wolverines before a showdown in Columbus.

I'd add more about Big Ten games, but there is very little of note. Wisconsin-Purdue is the only other game of remote interest. Wiscy could well go 11-1 this year despite being not that great, although they're not really a bad team either (15 or so IMO, but if they go 11-1 they'll be #8 or something). Purdue has a decent record but hasn't impressed. Sucks for them to blow their two year break from OSU and UM (that shouldn't be allowed, BTW: you miss two teams, but you should never get to miss those two at the same time).

pirateboy 10-20-2006 08:36 PM

Re: *** Official College Football Week 8 Thread ***

THE THIRD [censored] SATURDAY IN OCTOBER!

ghgrand 10-20-2006 08:50 PM

Clemson #12 vs Georgia Tech #13, should be a good game...GO TIGERSSS!

damaniac 10-20-2006 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clemson #12 vs Georgia Tech #13, should be a good game...GO TIGERSSS!

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems very odd to have the ACC title decided (possibly) by a GT/Clemson game. No Miami, no FSU, no Va Tech. How odd.

mmbt0ne 10-20-2006 09:27 PM

If Clemson wins, this might be a preview of the ACC title game. However, my money's on GT v. BC, which we will win because [censored] THOSE BIG EAST BITCHES.

It will be interesting to see how this game goes down. If Tech can stop the run, which we've shown we can, it'll be a great game for us.

dkgojackets 10-20-2006 10:49 PM

#1 to #21 for the TD. I expect it to happen twice tomorrow. This is Tech's chance to make some real noise on the national level and perhaps crack the top ten.

Semtex 10-20-2006 10:57 PM

I'm calling two upsets. UCLA beats Notre Dame. Nebraska beats Texas. Anyone agree?

MyTurn2Raise 10-21-2006 12:00 AM

I am in complete agreement damaniac;

it should never be allowed to miss both Michigan and Ohio State in the same big10 season. It sucks how often the easier big10 schedule has had such a huge influence in the race. Unavoidable under the current number of teams and desire for non-conference home games for revenue. It's still a point of pride in Champaign that the '83 Illini have the best big10 conference record ever at 9-0. I hope the big10 could goto 9 games with the 12 game schedule now, like the pac10, but an odd number of games doesn't work with an odd number of teams (silly math). Probably too mean to kick N'Western out, as they rarely compete in football and never compete in basketball.

This is the 4th time since the big10 has had 11 teams that Purdue missed both Michigan and tOSU in the same season...wow!

Oh yeah, I expect the Wolverines defense to completely pummel Iowa.

I'm actually very unexcited about this week's slate of games.

ACC comment: beware Miami coming up with a huge conference comeback.

TruFloridaGator 10-21-2006 07:48 AM

I'm going to BC @ FSU. Enjoy the game guys!

Austiger 10-21-2006 11:08 AM

Today is either going to be a total yawn, or a huge shake-up. Hoping for the latter.