Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Common situation with the second barrel. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=542365)

friend_ 11-09-2007 06:23 PM

Common situation with the second barrel.

I found myself quite often is such situations and quiite often I pass.

Villain is a usual regular TAG 21/16/3, agression by street: 5/2/1, calls/raises cont.bet = 20/20

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (5 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

Button ($671)
SB ($808)
BB ($1081.75)
UTG ($609.75)
Hero ($895.10)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls $15.

Flop: ($45) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $37</font>, BB calls $37.

Turn: ($119) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ??

So, how often do you make cont. bets in such cases?
If you check turn and villain checks again on the river (river is blank), will you bet then?

DevinLake 11-09-2007 09:34 PM

Re: Common situation with the second barrel.

Obviously depends on a lot of things.

I`d rarely double barrel that card unless I thought it was very likely they have a flush draw. But even then the river is going to be a tough decision. You could tripple barrel, but ur hand is likely good if they are on a fd. But check calling is pretty tough.

So, here I`d just be hoping to check it down. You hand is either good, or you have little fold equity.

friend_ 11-10-2007 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously depends on a lot of things.

I`d rarely double barrel that card unless I thought it was very likely they have a flush draw. But even then the river is going to be a tough decision. You could tripple barrel, but ur hand is likely good if they are on a fd. But check calling is pretty tough.

So, here I`d just be hoping to check it down. You hand is either good, or you have little fold equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just too often see people calling such flops with lots of medium pairs., so the doubt appeared in my mind: "may be I check too much?"
Does anyone now, what is the optimal range for cont. bets on turn? I usually see the range between 15 and 40%, but dont know what figure is diserable for optimal play.

LucidDream 11-10-2007 06:17 AM

i'd chk this turn just about 100%. if he has called every c-bet so far then depending on what the river is i might look him up w/ Ahigh if he bet. timing tells would make the final decision for me.