Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Push with the nut flush draw... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528791)

HoldEmNewby 10-22-2007 06:15 PM

Push with the nut flush draw...

I think this is standard

Line Check.
Villain ran at 41/8
FA of 0.64
WTSD of 39
WSD of 31

So even though he'd probably call me more often, I think i'm +EV even if called. That said does his flop raise scare you?

Party Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $24.99
UTG: $117.16
CO: $56.12
BTN: $61.22
Hero (SB): $64.43

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG calls $0.50, CO folds, BTN calls $0.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $2.50, BTN folds

Flop: ($7) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $14</font>, Hero raises to $61 and is all-in

Joefish126 10-22-2007 06:21 PM

Re: Push with the nut flush draw...

After UTGs minraise I don't think we have much fold equity in this spot. Villain could easily have 22 or a small flush already. I would call and get it all in on the turn if a club falls and fold if we don't improve and villain pots it.

STARSCREAM. 10-22-2007 06:21 PM

This play is +EV, just not by a whole lot.

I'd also prefer reraising to like 44, it makes it look more like you're value betting.

traz 10-22-2007 06:23 PM

I believe this is the best way to play this hand against this opponent

AFCBeer 10-22-2007 06:27 PM

His stats (FA = flop aggression?) are those of a calling station. When stations min-raise its usually bad news. You have the nut flush and getting great odds to draw. If a club falls on the turn I expect you to get his stack often.

traz 10-22-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
His stats (FA = flop aggression?) are those of a calling station. When stations min-raise its usually bad news. You have the nut flush and getting great odds to draw. If a club falls on the turn I expect you to get his stack often.

[/ QUOTE ]

that'd be hard if he didn't have a club right?

AFCBeer 10-22-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that'd be hard if he didn't have a club right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree but I think his min raise is likely to be a set or a made flush a significant proportion of the time. I wouldn't be surprised if villain would stack off with a set.

HoldEmNewby 10-22-2007 06:37 PM

nobody folds a set, but how often does he have one? If this was a TAG i could understand that logic but against this villain i think i see random junk often.

ajmargarine 10-22-2007 06:40 PM

std, hard and fast baby. nh.

AFCBeer 10-22-2007 06:41 PM

Obviously a lot depends on your read here. I see that flop aggression of 0.64 so thats why I think his min raise is strong. If it is a small sample or you believe this could be done with random junk then I'm pushing like 100% of the time.