Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   25NL: Two pairs with AJ facing all in raise on turn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474603)

leatangclan 08-10-2007 10:08 PM

25NL: Two pairs with AJ facing all in raise on turn

I don't belief I have played with villan before. Anyhow, here are his stats after 92 hands - 25/5.43/1. He won a few big hands so he was running hot. I would appreciate your feedback on my lines.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $15.90
BB: $47.45
UTG: $17.80
Hero (UTG+1): $29.30
MP1: $25.00
MP2: $10.00
MP3: $16.85
CO: $24.40
BTN: $26.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00, 3 folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="blue">I don't think my raise here is loose. I rather be agressive with AJ then just limping in. </font>

Flop: ($3.10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, MP3 folds, BB calls $2.00

<font color="blue">I guess I could have bet the pot, but I thought the bet size should have been sufficient to drive out draws and lower pairs. When villan called I put him on a straight draw with 9T. There a chance he may have Jxs and was afriad to bet out. </font>

Turn: ($7.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $44.45</font>, <font color="blue"> Hero???</font>

<font color="blue">Again I could have bet more but that's more than half of the pot and should have driven any draws out. </font>

xxrod17xx 08-10-2007 10:15 PM

Re: 25NL: Two pairs with AJ facing all in raise on turn

I like your raise at a tight passive limit like 25NL on FTP. It looks like a set to me, but with all the draws out there he could be shoving on some sort of combo draw like 910 of spades. I would lean towards a fold here, stats make him look a lot like a set miner.

Could you give a little more history on how he won some of those big pots by chance?

leatangclan 08-10-2007 10:21 PM

I was busy messing with figuring how to convert tournament hand histories and only noticed he won a big pot with a boat. I don't remember what the boat was.

It's interesting what you said about his stats and set mining. Is that because of his low PF raise ratio?

RollTideTyler 08-10-2007 10:28 PM

can someone explain what the x/x/x numbers stand for. i see them referenced a lot, and think they are from poker tracker which i dont use yet. Im assuming PF raise ratio is one of the three numbers.

leatangclan 08-10-2007 10:36 PM

There's a better explanation at the beginner's forum. It's the FAQ. Basically the first number refers to voluntary put $ into pot, the second number is %PF raise, and the last number is total agressive factor. Again, there's a much better explanation in the beginner forum on these Pokertracker numbers.

RollTideTyler 08-10-2007 10:38 PM

thanks, i'll go give that a look

good luck

da_fume 08-10-2007 10:58 PM

Don't think I could possibly fold this. If he has a set, oh well, make a note and maybe next time I won't call.

Warren Harding 08-10-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't belief I have played with villan before. Anyhow, here are his stats after 92 hands - 25/5.43/1. He won a few big hands so he was running hot. I would appreciate your feedback on my lines.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 9 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $15.90
BB: $47.45
UTG: $17.80
Hero (UTG+1): $29.30
MP1: $25.00
MP2: $10.00
MP3: $16.85
CO: $24.40
BTN: $26.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (9 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, 2 folds, MP3 calls $1.00, 3 folds, BB calls $0.75

<font color="blue">I don't think my raise here is loose. I rather be agressive with AJ then just limping in. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. You'll get called by A2 and often raised by AK.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($3.10) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, MP3 folds, BB calls $2.00

<font color="blue">I guess I could have bet the pot, but I thought the bet size should have been sufficient to drive out draws and lower pairs. When villan called I put him on a straight draw with 9T. There a chance he may have Jxs and was afriad to bet out. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't necessary to bet pot: this is a ragged flop. I tend to bet 2/3-1 PSB.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: ($7.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises all-in to $44.45</font>, <font color="blue"> Hero???</font>

<font color="blue">Again I could have bet more but that's more than half of the pot and should have driven any draws out. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, turn bet is in the appropriate range. You are getting 3:2. I'd probably cuss and call because this represents more than just a set; it could be a worse two pair or something foolish. You just have to be ahead/suckout 40%, but that's close. I am tempted to discount the chance of a monster because the bet is so large, but at 25NL, it usually means what it advertises.

leatangclan 08-10-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Again, turn bet is in the appropriate range. You are getting 3:2. I'd probably cuss and call because this represents more than just a set; it could be a worse two pair or something foolish. You just have to be ahead/suckout 40%, but that's close. I am tempted to discount the chance of a monster because the bet is so large, but at 25NL, it usually means what it advertises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I thought the oversized c/r was too large to be a monster also, as I thought it was a worst two pair. And I have to remember your comment about at 25NL it usually means what it advertizes. Thanks for the comments.