Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Beat: My PS3 preorder got cancelled (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265475)

rockythecat99 11-21-2006 06:48 PM

Beat: My PS3 preorder got cancelled

Brag: Got an email alerting me of a PS3 preorder last wednesday.
Beat: I had a flight from Chicago to New York at the time of the online preorder
Brag: Got my friend to preorder me one.
Beat: My friend put 380 as my address when its really 388 so EBgames cancelled my preorder
Variance: My friend offered to camp out to get me one cuz he feels bad.

Push_Fold 11-21-2006 06:59 PM

Re: Beat: My PS3 preorder got cancelled

Variance: Such is life.

bigt2k4 11-21-2006 07:12 PM

when do the 2nd round of shipments come in?

Dave D 11-21-2006 07:19 PM

OMG NEED A PS3 RIGHT NOW OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Margin Of Error 11-21-2006 07:21 PM

Beat: Having no life such that you spend your free time drooling over a 1st gen system that you payed 800% markup on and will break in 6 months from inferior components.

rockythecat99 11-21-2006 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: Having no life such that you spend your free time drooling over a 1st gen system that you payed 800% markup on and will break in 6 months from inferior components.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: Moron on an internet message board who thinks I was actually going to keep the system and not resale it on ebay.

Beat: Moron who can't read that I preordered a system which is at base price.

Beat: Margin of Error

ghostface 11-21-2006 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: Moron on an internet message board who thinks I was actually going to keep the system and not resale it on ebay.

Beat: Moron who can't read that I preordered a system which is at base price.

Beat: Margin of Error

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: Moron

Dave D 11-21-2006 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is a PS3 really a first generation system? I don't know much about video games and such, but isn't it the third generation?

groosman 11-21-2006 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is a PS3 really a first generation system? I don't know much about video games and such, but isn't it the third generation?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct. In the video game world the PS3, Wii and 360 are considered third generation. The poster was probably referring to a different kind of 'generations' (In the schools here they teach you about 'early adaptors' and I think he is trying to refer to this).

SirArthur 11-21-2006 09:49 PM

This should be a brag, nothing worth playing on the PS3 right now, the launch games are soooo underwhelming.

Most agree that Resistance FOM is the best game, & it's mediocre.