Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   AA in blind vs blind with a paired board. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=555355)

Chaser8 11-27-2007 03:31 AM

AA in blind vs blind with a paired board.

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $356
BB: $723.26
UTG: $242.60
MP: $420.20
CO: $1,339.50
BTN: $794.67

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12</font>, BB calls $8

Flop: ($24) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $48</font>, Hero calls $32

Turn: ($120) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $70</font>, Hero calls $70

River: ($260) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $150</font>

Villain's stats are 23/10/1.14. We don't have any history. His call continuation bet is 23 and his raise continuation bet is 11.

Is he doing this with a J often enough to justify a call? What about CRAI?

Hoopster81 11-27-2007 04:17 AM

Re: AA in blind vs blind with a paired board.

pretty passive, this is trips most of the time

luckybacon 11-27-2007 04:19 AM

crai is pure spew

blankoblanco 11-27-2007 04:23 AM

i always call here and they always have the fking K so um i guess i don't know either. eagerly awaiting more response

Chaser8 11-27-2007 04:33 AM

So the best line in this spot is bet/call flop, c/c turn, and c/f river?

cachews 11-27-2007 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So the best line in this spot is bet/call flop, c/c turn, and c/f river?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think so

given the cards that came off and his bet sizes, i think you gotta fold the river... in hindsight this makes the turn call look bad, but based only on the information you had on the turn, i think he has enough jacks and draws in his range to call, plus a little extra equity from spiking and ace and stacking a king

Marwan 11-27-2007 04:54 AM

this type of Villain is just calling flop with a J almost all the time, and if raising a draw, checking turn since turn changes nothing and hero could have a K. I think folding turn is best, I just don't see what he could have that would bet turn.

Chaser8 11-27-2007 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this type of Villain is just calling flop with a J almost all the time, and if raising a draw, checking turn since turn changes nothing and hero could have a K. I think folding turn is best, I just don't see what he could have that would bet turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

He raises 10% cbets, which is a decent amount. Plus this is blind vs. blind. Are you saying his low aggression factor is the key here?

spicybucknuts 11-27-2007 06:29 AM

I think this is a call. There are a ton of hands in his range that didn't get there by the river, especially in a BvB hand. As far as betting the turn, i think QT, any flush draw, even occasionally a jack will bet here. I will say, however, I doubt that is a jack betting for value too often. Seems like the classic nuts or air scenario, and there aren't too many kings left in the deck.

Some9 11-27-2007 06:02 PM

I like a turn donk. Denies a free card and lets us reev much better. That is if we plan on calling a turn bet anyway.