Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Psychology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Tilt against friends? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=538579)

1tripz1 11-04-2007 11:06 PM

Tilt against friends?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

I am a confident player and against a table of unknowns or almost unknowns (people i dont know peronsally) i am fine and play to a high standard. However, put me in a game made up mostly of my friends and it destroys me. Every beat or move they make i take really personally.

I have been thinking about why and figured out its because they all try and beat me, seeing me as some target/threat they must overcome. This means that bluffs and plays dont work, i get called, raised and chased after on every pot. I figured the best strategy was to just play the nuts hard and fast and its worked very well, but before i did this i would get super tilted when plays that would usually work didnt.

Is it just ego? Im sure this is just something else i need to work on. Removing all emotion from the game im in and adapting to how the players are playing each other and playing me.

General thoughts on the matter would be interesting.

nightwood 11-05-2007 06:29 AM

Re: Tilt against friends?

Can't tell you how much ego is in there on your part, but adapting to game conditions surely is the main thing.

The set-up you described sounds just like a typical nano-limit online game. And playing solid ABC poker is the best answer to that.

hurtchow 11-05-2007 04:20 PM

Home games are supposed to be about fun. Get high and drunk and accidentally deal everyone 4 cards and laugh about it. If you're going to act like a wad when you lose, then your friends won't want to play with you too often.

recallme 11-05-2007 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Home games are supposed to be about fun. Get high and drunk and accidentally deal everyone 4 cards and laugh about it. If you're going to act like a wad when you lose, then your friends won't want to play with you too often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probelmatic is only if the rgs at Nl1k/2k are doing this, too. I don`t meen getting CS, but playing hands in total freeking ways to trap you. Limp calling QQ and c7r on flop, while i have 99 overs.

ryguy2fly 11-05-2007 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probelmatic is only if the rgs at Nl1k/2k are doing this, too. I don`t meen getting CS, but playing hands in total freeking ways to trap you. Limp calling QQ and c7r on flop, while i have 99 overs.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol what

Johnes Benjamin 11-06-2007 05:24 AM

LOL!
ESL?

BRDSR 11-06-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he just followed the quoted advice.