Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   BRAG: Just got approved for a home mortgage (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448474)

AceLuby 07-11-2007 11:06 AM

BRAG: Just got approved for a home mortgage

HUGE BRAG: I just got a call for a pre-approval on my first home mortgage.

Beat: Not a balla, so it's only for 175k

Variance: don't have a house picked out and living w/ 2 friends

The Hag 07-11-2007 12:03 PM

Re: BRAG: Just got approved for a home mortgage

congratulations, when are you going house hunting? and who are you moving in with? or is it a house just for you?

TheEck 07-11-2007 12:27 PM

Congrats ... I'll be going down a similar road myself in the near future. How much money/month does a $175k mortgage translate too? What kind of interest rate are they quoting you?

RunyonAve 07-11-2007 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
and who are you moving in with? or is it a house just for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmmmm

AceLuby 07-11-2007 12:30 PM

I'm house hunting right now, looking at a nice 4BR 2BA tomorrow w/ a kick ass 3rd floor room (14x23). I'll be the only one on the mortgage and can afford it on my own, but I'll be initially moving in with 2 friends from HS to lower some of my costs via renting. It actually is going to be cheaper for me w/ them in there as opposed to renting. I can trust them as I'm living w/ one of them now and the other has been my best friend since we were 10. Super excited and can't wait to move out of my 1 BR apt.

AceLuby 07-11-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much money/month does a $175k mortgage translate too? What kind of interest rate are they quoting you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I'm going to put 15-20k down, so the actual mortgage will be more around the 160k area. The monthly payment is around 1,100 - 1,200 including mortgage, taxes and insurance. I was quoted at 6.5% 10\1 APR 30 yr loan.

Piece of Cake 07-11-2007 12:37 PM

Congrats.
Isn't there still more downside to the market though? With all the ARM's about to expire, there may be sweet foreclosures though.

Spanaway Vin 07-11-2007 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looking at a nice 4BR 2BA tomorrow w/ a kick ass 3rd floor room (14x23).

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
monthly payment is around 1,100 - 1,200 including mortgage, taxes and insurance. I was quoted at 6.5% 10\1 APR 30 yr loan

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW, where do you live? Because I'd like to move there.

AceLuby 07-11-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't there still more downside to the market though? With all the ARM's about to expire, there may be sweet foreclosures though.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a really good time to buy. Interest rates are still climbing and LOTS of houses are being foreclosed or have been on the market for a long time. Pretty much anything under 250k is having a really tough time selling in my area. This equates to dropping prices along with the ability to lowball and have the seller pay closing costs.

[ QUOTE ]
WOW, where do you live? Because I'd like to move there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm looking at the western suburbs of Minneapolis. Houses just aren't moving and people don't want to pay 2 mortgages, hence the dropping prices and foreclosures.

I also got a sweet deal because of how much I'm putting down along with my credit score, credit history and little to no debt.

The Hag 07-11-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
and who are you moving in with? or is it a house just for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that as he is currently living with 2 friends, not that he will be......

but I have reading comp problems ldo