Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   mass effect (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543641)

ThaSaltCracka 11-12-2007 09:28 PM

Re: mass effect

I would love something like Baldurs Gate: DA or something like Kingdom Hearts. Both have had very fun stories to play and great combat systems.

AceLuby 11-16-2007 11:13 AM

Initial reviews are in

Initial Reviews are good

The one bad review said

[ QUOTE ]
As it is, it's merely very good on several different levels, and is more or less a must-play for RPG fans. It will drive shooter fans completely up the wall, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of this they gave it an 80, when all other reviews are 90 or above.

DonkeyKongSr 11-16-2007 12:52 PM

That's a retarded reason to give it a subpar score, "This RPG doesn't play like a FPS, WTF?"

Number27 11-16-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As it is, it's merely very good on several different levels,

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the worst thing someone can say about your game you've probably done a good job.

goofyballer 11-16-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a retarded reason to give it a subpar score, "This RPG doesn't play like a FPS, WTF?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's a valid point to make when you compare it to an RPG like Oblivion that had pretty much universal appeal.

goofyballer 11-16-2007 03:11 PM

Does this link work for anyone? Digg says it should have scans of OXM's 10/10 review of ME but I don't see anything. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

EDIT: SCANZ!

ThaSaltCracka 11-16-2007 03:47 PM

GIGIGIGIGIGIGITTY!

Dire 11-16-2007 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this link work for anyone? Digg says it should have scans of OXM's 10/10 review of ME but I don't see anything. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

EDIT: SCANZ!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice! Can't wait to see more reviews for this game. Will be incredible if this delivers.

Did anybody get to see the thing on Spike about it? Has the trilogy thing been confirmed? I was worried that might get thrown out the window with EA taking over. Would be so sick if your actions/character in the first game do actually carry over and influence the second game.

Can't wait to go find the pantaloons!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

SBR 11-16-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's a valid point to make when you compare it to an RPG like Oblivion that had pretty much universal appeal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except the combat in Oblivion sucked? So did the leveling? And the story?

EricW 11-16-2007 09:40 PM

I hated Oblivion with a passion. It bored me to death. The levels (especially the dungeon type levels) all seemed the same to me. So basically through the whole game, you were going through hundreds and hundreds of dungeons that were the same and really boring.