Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   AKo on the button - raising war (micro) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556607)

HenningSke 11-28-2007 05:20 PM

AKo on the button - raising war (micro)

No real reads, just a standard loose micro-table. Where could I have played better and how?

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.02/$0.04
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, CO calls, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, UTG+1 caps, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (13.5SB, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.75BB, 2 players)
UTG+1 bets, Hero calls.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.75BB, 2 players)
UTG+1 bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG+1 calls.

Results:
Final pot: 18.75BB

numbnuts007 11-28-2007 05:25 PM

Re: AKo on the button - raising war (micro)

I 3 bet the flop. If you want to wait until the turn that's alright too, you're got to get at least one more bet in one either of these streets. The K on the turn makes this an easy pop regardless.

aargh57 11-28-2007 05:35 PM

I 3 bet the flop here. I rarely slowplay TPTK. If you don't 3 bet the flop you have to raise the turn.

ILOVEPOKER929 11-28-2007 05:45 PM

Your turn play is the interesting street as all other streets are pretty straight forward/well played.

Your turn call is correct only if:

(1) villain will only cap preflop with AQs or better.

(2) villain cant have QQ on the turn or if he does he's folding to a raise.

There doesnt seem to be enough information on the villain in your OP to decide whats best on the turn, but I have had a decent amount of experience watching the .02/.04 games on PS from teaching my girlfriend how to play and these games seem pretty damn crazy/wild. If villain turned over A7o in the end it wouldnt shock me. So based on my limited exposure to these games I think you should still pop the turn.

HenningSke 11-28-2007 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your turn call is correct only if:

(1) villain will only cap preflop with AQs or better.

(2) villain cant have QQ on the turn or if he does he's folding to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I estimated his range by this point at AA-KK-AQ, with a tiny chance at QQ. Perhaps I do give these micro-players too much credit sometimes. He did turn out to be holding KK however.

inferno 11-29-2007 05:46 AM

I play it the same [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]