Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=535766)

corsakh 11-21-2007 06:46 AM

Re: ***uNL Microbrew Thread*** NOV 2007 (ot)

[ QUOTE ]
For the record, 3betting anything lower than JJ OOP is spew 99.9% of the time, dont bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explanation. Please. Or blood.

Nemesis69 11-21-2007 06:46 AM

What do you guys think of my christmas avatar?

http://kipin.net/images/tpt/spartaxmas.gif

creamfillin 11-21-2007 06:47 AM

LOL

What app do you use to make those things? I used some shareware program that expired, need a new one.

ama0330 11-21-2007 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For the record, 3betting anything lower than JJ OOP is spew 99.9% of the time, dont bother.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explanation. Please. Or blood.

[/ QUOTE ]

turns your hand into a bluff in a huge pot OOP, cant think of a much worse place to be

Nemesis69 11-21-2007 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL

What app do you use to make those things? I used some shareware program that expired, need a new one.

[/ QUOTE ]

BBV4L [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

corsakh 11-21-2007 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
turns your hand into a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]
How tight should one's opening range be that TT were not significantly in front of his mean? If its a 12/8 nit opening UTG its one thing. If its a 20/15 TAG opening CO its a completely different story.

[ QUOTE ]
huge

[/ QUOTE ]
You don't have to put any more money in if you think you are behind his calling range.

[ QUOTE ]
OOP

[/ QUOTE ]
Completely overrated concept in 3bet pots. Position requires good psr ratio to come into play. 3bet pot on the flop 100BB deep is a pushament.

I understand where you are coming from with the bluff thing. I'd never do this with 88 and lower for obvious reasons. Difference with TT-99 is that those hands have good showdown value but are very bad to see flops with. Especially OOP. We crush 88 and lower. We are ahead of all unpaired cards. Usually we are crushing villains range. We don't want to see flops to see overcards or give him an opportunity to hit a set. Its a pure protection bet against the flop. We have the best hand and we want the pot now.

bazooka87 11-21-2007 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When did you guys start taking shots @ 100NL? I'm scurrred.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm doing it now, I'm a huge bankroll nit though. Up 4 buyins in 1000 hands so far, so decent start I suppose

ama0330 11-21-2007 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Difference with TT-99 is that those hands have good showdown value but are very bad to see flops with.

[/ QUOTE ]

????

You have to see the flop to get to SD... you are saying that "this hand has good showdown value, so lets do everything possible to avoid getting to SD"?

Remember that when you talk about preflop equity, you are talking about the percentage of times a hand will prevail when ALL cards are dealt. So if TT has like 40% equity against a range, that's its showdown equity. Obviously this equity changes by street and villains ranges are dynamic, but by saying that you crush villains range but you dont want to go to SD, well the only way to "lock in" that equity is to shove preflop...

corsakh 11-21-2007 07:27 AM

No. I don't avoid a SD. Most of the time we are going to see very difficult flops with TT OOP. We are rarely going to see a SD with TT OOP and when we do we are not going to win big pots but we are likely to loose some on the way if you play it for anything but set value.

3betting TT I make a SD close and real to the villains eyes. I force him to put his stack at risk. I force him to hit the flop or fold. I turn the hand into a pushament. I negate his positional advantage. I deny him the ability to play poker with me on later streets and outplay me.

In position sometimes I might choose to call cos I don't mind later streets.

creamfillin 11-21-2007 07:35 AM

Cash is really boring me tonight. I have the sudden urge to play sit-n-gays. Goodbye today's profits.