Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Q9s flops a good draw (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556307)

aargh57 11-28-2007 10:36 AM

Q9s flops a good draw

Button is 44/27/2.8 after 557 hands
SB is 33/12/2 after only 40ish hands

On the flop I raised for value hoping both would just call.
Turn I wasn't sure if I should bet again but I do have a very good draw.
The river donk I'm unsure of. I hardly ever donk and don't know if this was a good time to do it but I would hate having a Lag raise the turn but give up on the river because it's now mw and a scare card fell.

Anyway... Prima 5/10 4 handed

Hero in CO w Q9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s

Hero raises, button 3 bets, SB calls, BB folds, Hero calls

Flop (10 SB)
5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

SB checks, hero checks, Button bets, SB calls, hero raises, all call

Turn (8 BB)
6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero Bets, Button raises, sb calls, hero calls

River (14 BB)
J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, Hero Donks?

Realyn 11-28-2007 10:42 AM

Re: Q9s flops a good draw

c/r river ! button will bet sooo many hands and its perfect to trap sb

thrasher789 11-28-2007 12:23 PM

If SB checks how are you donking by betting? It smells to me like AA or KK given the action so far so bet for value here.

aargh57 11-28-2007 01:55 PM

I'm donking into the turn raiser. It's 3 way.

anti1k 11-28-2007 03:04 PM

I think this hand is well played. I would probably bet turn also like you did, you have good draw and pot is quite big so they have to would very rarely. And if they both calls turn this bet doesnt cost you almost nothing. I think you have to bet river if BU can read hands then he never bets here with overpair.

numbnuts007 11-28-2007 03:15 PM

what's going on here? I hate betting this turn. If/when button raises this is going to shut out sb alot of the time and we're just going to end up paying two bets against an opponent who we need to hit our draw against anyway because he ain't foldin'.

I think the river is close as played. I don't mind a donk because it guarantees one bet goes in. Even with an aggressive button, this is a very scary card for him and is likely to check through without a jack. The c/r does offer the opportunity to trap sb, but it also risks getting zero for hitting your hand.

Fadook 11-28-2007 03:16 PM

I check the turn. I doubt you're getting both of them to fold often enough, especially Button as he seems quite loose.

aargh57 11-28-2007 05:28 PM

OK, thanks guys. I was kind of thinking the same lines but wasn't sure. I think I c-bet way too often and in this instance we don't really gain anything by doing it and as numbnuts said, we risk shutting out sb when button raises.

numbnuts007 11-28-2007 06:54 PM

no, wait, don't listen to me i'm stupid. No wonder I was confused, I misread the action. I thought button 3 bet the flop. Betting the turn is fine. The only thing i'm stuck on is the river. donking is fine because it's a very scary card for button, but if button bets you'll often be able to make 4 bb on the river, which is nice. It looks like button will keep betting a good portion of the time, I like a c/r. sorry i'm retarded.

johnnyrocket 11-28-2007 06:58 PM

c/c'ing the turn will normally get the SB to call also, risking 1 bet for 2 others, betting usually risks 2 bets to win 2 since he will raise alot and SB will fold alot, seems like an easy concept here. River is close