Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25Nl - My first poker video (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474126)

yntm3 08-10-2007 09:46 AM

25Nl - My first poker video

Hi everyone,

This is new for me, but I thought it might be a good idea to post a video of me playing and get some feedback from it. I have been having a transformation lately and really feel I am improving, but I'm undergoing some "growing pains" you could say, and still feel a sense of lacking. Hopefully this will remedy some of the problems.

Here's the link: The quality is a little bad, I was trying to make it sizable since I didn't want to make it too large, but gave up some quality in the process. Enjoy the Australian accent!

Poker Video - NL25

Please be completely honest (even brutal for some slight humor). I am taking a little time off poker to REALLY knuckle down so hopefully you can give me some extra things to work on. Maybe you can list 3 elements of my game I could improve on, any leaks, or anything else that you think needs attention.

Cheers guys, very appreciative for anyone who takes some of their time to download and watch this.

P.S. If anyone is interested in joining myself and another dedicated player from Australia in our video exchange group, you are more then welcome. We more or less create videos for each other and swap them around and provide feedback as we go. Just express your interest in a PM and we'll go from there. Looking for about another 1 or 2 more players. We are by no means pros, but we are very dedicated and eager to improve.

pocketse7ens 08-10-2007 09:52 AM

Re: 25Nl - My first poker video

downloading

Nemesis69 08-10-2007 10:09 AM

downloading, will comment later

yellowbluebus 08-10-2007 10:24 AM

For me VLC has no audio, can't identify the audio codec and WMP doesn't have the video only audio.

yntm3 08-10-2007 10:27 AM

Hmm okay, I open mine in Media Player Classic.

What codec should I be making my videos next time?

yellowbluebus 08-10-2007 10:30 AM

yntm3,

I am probably an exception. As long as it works for the rest of those who download it I don't think you need to worry about using a different codec. I'll trying updating VLC and see if it makes a difference.

Nemesis69 08-10-2007 10:42 AM

I'm having the same problem as yellowbluebus. yntm3 which codec did u use?

yntm3 08-10-2007 11:06 AM

Default settings in Camtasia.

Video Codec: TechSmith Screen Capture Codec
Colors: High Color (16-bit)
Frame Rate: 6

yellowbluebus 08-10-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Default settings in Camtasia.

Video Codec: TechSmith Screen Capture Codec
Colors: High Color (16-bit)
Frame Rate: 6

[/ QUOTE ]

This helps: http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp
Play it with WMP.

Frosteater 08-10-2007 01:29 PM

Nice video. I really couldn't spot much you could play better in my opinion (which doesn't have to mean much).
At times I thought you were a bit too tight/passive. For instance I would have open raised 98s from the cutoff, maybe 3bet a bit more or tried to steal more. But what do I know, you were sitting down at very passive tables and really thought your decisions through, explained it well and it all seemed very plausible to me. Especially the AJ vs AT situation, nice hand.

If you insist on giving you areas to improve on, my take would be try to be a bit more aggressive preflop and maybe 3bet a bit more often. Although I don't see how much more you could have profitably done that in that session, since there were a few tricky spots. Like AQo oop vs the TAG and 22 from the blinds vs the loose-passive player. But maybe a few hands would have been easier with the momentum on your side on the flop.

On another note I really liked your short post-session routine in Poker Tracker. I'm horribly lazy in that area and it's nice to see someone include this into the video as an essential part of the session, especially since you kept it short and easy. This is really helpful for more inexperienced players like myself - no more excuses for not having a post-session routine.