Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Legislation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Interesting Robert Wexler Interview (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448826)

jaminbird 07-11-2007 06:53 PM

Interesting Robert Wexler Interview

The guy made some excellent points and I found myself encouraged that someone in congress seems to fully understand the issues involved.

http://www.pokernews.com/live-report...t=33&e=160

Edit:Direct Link

xxThe_Lebowskixx 07-11-2007 07:16 PM

Re: Interesting Robert Wexler Interview

things are looking better for us these dayz.

NeBlis 07-11-2007 07:29 PM

in the first few sentences out of his mouth. "I voted against it as did most Democrats"

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE !!

Also a minor complaint. why does the interviewer look like a total slob and UMMMM ERR UMMM through the whole damn thing?

MiltonFriedman 07-11-2007 07:39 PM

You really care WHEN he found religion ?

jshronk 07-11-2007 07:43 PM

We also got one with D'Amato which should be up later today.

NeBlis 07-11-2007 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really care WHEN he found religion ?

[/ QUOTE ]

no but just say " My fellow democrats and I were wrong when we ... "

or

" we were bullied into ..."

just about any statement that isn't a blatant lie would do.

DrewOnTilt 07-11-2007 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in the first few sentences out of his mouth. "I voted against it as did most Democrats"

Also a minor complaint. why does the interviewer look like a total slob and UMMMM ERR UMMM through the whole damn thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the Safe Port Act. Of course he voted for that. He's probably referring to the Internet Gambling bill that was sent through Congress earlier last year as standalone legislation. I can't remember the bill number.

TheEngineer 07-11-2007 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the Safe Port Act. Of course he voted for that. He's probably referring to the Internet Gambling bill that was sent through Congress earlier last year as standalone legislation. I can't remember the bill number.

[/ QUOTE ]

The House bill was H.R. 4411. The majority of House Democrats voted in favor of it. Wexler spoke out against it.

NeBlis 07-11-2007 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well .. in that case he merely abstained.

Votes on HR4411

seriously I like what hes trying to do but WTF? Just tell the truth !!!

oldbookguy 07-11-2007 08:10 PM

Overall, a god interview, now, PLEASE LISTEN TO HIM!

Join the many and WRITE CONGRESS!

Join the PPA! (www.pokerplayersalliance.org)

I note he stated just the mention of his name in a Wall Street Journal story generated more e-mail to him than any other single issue during his time in congress, lets make this so to ALL members of congress!!!!!

obg