Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   The JESUS Draw... All-in (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=556709)

Bicycles_Biatch 11-28-2007 07:32 PM

The JESUS Draw... All-in

Buddy of mine played this hand... I like it... opinions?

Limp FEST game. 5-5 blind game, relative stacks of about 700.

Two limps to buddy who has K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]... He Limps....

One more limp... Cutoff makes it a weak $25

6 people smooth call to the flop.

Flop Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Check to preflop raiser who makes it $60... WEAK.

One caller, my buddy makes it $175.00

Fold around to SB who smooth calls.

Turn is a blank... SB (who is a weak calling station... total fish in my opinion) checks.

My buddy moves all in for about $300

Thoughts on all streets?

Benzooor 11-28-2007 07:40 PM

Re: The JESUS Draw... All-in

Pretty sure the thread title said it all.

bigbabyjesus 11-28-2007 07:43 PM

I think it's close between a push and a call. A push is an overbet but the pot is already pretty big and pot sized raise is to about $300 anyways, which is like half our stack. And live, people can fold hands like a Q here because they're scared money.

Calling lets everyone stay in with their weaker draws like flush ones or maybe you can get a KJ to stay in and freeroll his ass.

Both are hugely +EV so w/e.

kekedarius 11-28-2007 07:56 PM

Make it 266 on flop [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Gary Stevenson 11-28-2007 08:07 PM

bump it bigger on the flop then jam the turn

Imrahil 11-28-2007 08:26 PM

Why shove the turn against a station?????

mak15 11-28-2007 09:31 PM

in this game, i'd either call or shove on the flop. not sure which i like better though, assuming no chance pfr folds KK, i probably call.

xtwalker 11-28-2007 09:55 PM

I don't like the pf play... either raise or fold IMO. As played, if effective stack is $500 (which is how it was written unless I missed somthing) then I like every street. If effective stack is $700 then bump it about $75-100 more on flop and still shove turn.

My reasoning is you want to be able to shove a decent bet in on the turn. The C/r here is to about 2/3 the pot. If you can C/r the pot to a little over the pot on the flop and still have enough for a decent AI on the turn you are better off.

RiverHebrew2 11-28-2007 10:08 PM

No, check behind turn. Calling station wil probably pay off if ur buddy hits his hand. You want the free card vs a calling station... calling station most likely has a pair. You don't want friend putting rest of money in on turn with ~35%-40% equity to the riv vs a bad player when there r better options! (like taking the freebie).

donkeykong2 11-28-2007 10:43 PM

should be obvious he shouldnt shove the turn against a station imo, he could wait till the river to see if he wins first and bet then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].