Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   New York Knicks '07-'08 playoffs or Busto thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=506299)

Rubeskies 09-21-2007 03:36 PM

New York Knicks \'07-\'08 playoffs or Busto thread

Well, interesting off season. Randolph in, Frye out. Team is deep up front. Randolph should make up for Curry's lack of rebounding. The East got tougher this year, especially with Boston getting much better. Jamal is healthy, Nate has progressed, D Lee is healthy. I'll be interested to see what Chandler brings to the Table

I think they can still make the playoffs this year and they're gonna be really fun to watch. GO KNICKS!

Possible depth chart?

PG: Stephon Starbury
SG: Jamal Crawford
SF: Q Rich
PF: Zach Randolph
C: Eddie Curry

Bench Guards:
-Nate Robinson
-Dan Dickau (If he makes the team)
-Fred Jones (If he makes the team)
-Mardy Collins (If he makes the team)

Bench Forwards:

-David Lee
-Renaldo Balkman
-Jered Jeffries
-Wilson Chandler
-Demetris Nichols
-Malik Rose

Bench Centers

-Randolph Morris
-Jerome James

We're kind of thin at the SG position as there is really nothing after Jamal. I'm pretty happy with the PG situation...well as happy as I'll ever be with Steph on the team. We're really stacked up front and I'm really excited to see what the new guys like Chandler, Nichols and especially Randolph Morris can do with a full season. Honestly, I feel like Nichols could play the 2 if needed. He's a really good shooter and showed his NBA range and his length could cause problems for other 2s on defense. But he might not be quick enough yet to handle the D after playing a zone at Syracuse.

THAY3R 09-21-2007 03:43 PM

Re: New York Knicks \'07-\'08 playoffs or Busto thread

http://www.nba.com/media/act_david_lee.jpg

Wynton 09-21-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think they can still make the playoffs this year and they're gonna be really fun to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really fun to watch? One of us is way out of touch with reality, and I fear it's you.

I hope I'm wrong.

Veecee 09-21-2007 04:36 PM

David F'n Lee FTW

What a stud

Rubeskies 09-21-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think they can still make the playoffs this year and they're gonna be really fun to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really fun to watch? One of us is way out of touch with reality, and I fear it's you.

I hope I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're no Pheonix Suns but when is the last time you looked at the Knicks roster and said, wow, these guys are gonna compete? 2001? Plus they have a bunch of really athletic and skilled front court guys.

Green Kool Aid 09-21-2007 06:05 PM

LOL this team is beyond atrocious.

Edit: quick question...when the knicks play the celtics, i was just wondering who they were planning to guard KG with.

kyleb 09-21-2007 06:12 PM

Playoffs or busto eh?

[b]BUSTO AHOY MATEY

kyleb 09-21-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're no Pheonix Suns but when is the last time you looked at the Knicks roster and said, wow, these guys are gonna compete?

[/ QUOTE ]

A long time ago, but it's not like anyone's saying that THIS year.

kidcolin 09-21-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playoffs or busto eh?

BUSTO AHOY MATEY

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Though I look forward to Isiah respectfully calling Violet Palmer a bitch.

Rubeskies 09-21-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They're no Pheonix Suns but when is the last time you looked at the Knicks roster and said, wow, these guys are gonna compete?

[/ QUOTE ]

A long time ago, but it's not like anyone's saying that THIS year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Compete=Compete for the 8th spot. I didn't say they'd do anything in the playoffs.