Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   a fun 97s hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529290)

James. 10-23-2007 09:56 AM

a fun 97s hand

loose semipassive 6max

a 38/12/1.5 limps, a 44/19/1.5 limps, i overlimp 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the CO, a mostly unknown button raises, a 18/4/.5 sb calls, a 38/4/1.1 bb calls, two limpers call, i 3bet, button caps, sb folds, bb calls, limpers call, i call.

Flop(22sb): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

checks to me, i pinch myself to make sure i'm not dreaming and check, button bets, all call to me, i c/r and everyone calls.

Turn(16bb): Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

check to me, i bet, button calls, 44/19/1.5 calls, the rest fold.

River(19bb): 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, i bet, button folds, other guy calls.

so this is how we make money in LHE. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i gave button a range of TT+, ATs+, KQs+, KQo, AQo+ fwiw.

KitCloudkicker 10-23-2007 10:11 AM

Re: a fun 97s hand

uh....is this a brag post?

James. 10-23-2007 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
uh....is this a brag post?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. pf is really what i'm wanting responses on. kind of hard to misplay postflop(though some might have just bet/3bet the flop).

okay, maybe a tiny, little bit brag. but hey, i'm the mod so i can do that. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

TheCount212 10-23-2007 11:39 AM

Brag away, my friend. I have made a lot of money limping 97o... it's far and away my favorite "junk" hand to play PF. For some reason I smile anytime I look down at it, because I know the flop is gonna hit me hard.

One Outer 10-23-2007 12:27 PM

Well, we know the preflop is marginal but is that really the point? You're in position, the pot is going to be multiway and you have a substantial skill advantage. I'm not seeing the problem here. But then again, bernie seems to think I play too many hands.

SNOWBALL 10-23-2007 01:09 PM

I GUESS think this is barely worth playing preflop, but why did you limp 3 bet it? How is that not awful?

SNOWBALL 10-23-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, we know the preflop is marginal but is that really the point? You're in position, the pot is going to be multiway and you have a substantial skill advantage. I'm not seeing the problem here. But then again, bernie seems to think I play too many hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 limpers isn't very multiway

One Outer 10-23-2007 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 limpers isn't very multiway

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus blinds...PLUS BLINDS!!!!!

EDIT: I missed the three bet. Yeah, I don't like that. I feel that this is an appropriate time to use my money burning picture but out of respect for James. I will resist the urge.

youlosepork 10-23-2007 01:22 PM

3 bet pf is not going to get it hu

Amaryllis 10-23-2007 01:29 PM

I think you first limped because only 2 players had limped, but then 3bet because then you knew it would be a 6-way flop.

I know I should learn to pokerstove myself (+ I'm at work, so I can't play around with it) but I'm curious, what is your preflop equity here?