Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Golf (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   new grips (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505180)

KFCandKoolAid 09-20-2007 06:23 AM

new grips

anyone have any suggestions for new grips? i need to get mine redone and don't really keep up with this type of stuff. i currently have golf pride tour velvets on all of my clubs. i'm looking for something similar if i don't go with them again. no cord/halfcord please.

esad 09-20-2007 08:25 AM

Re: new grips

I switched to Win Grips a few years ago and love them. I use the classic black wrap style grips on my irons. The only draw back is that they wear pretty quick. You also might not like the feel. I also have the G8 style on my woods and those are a little tougher.

I like both, but it's kinda a personal choice. Most golf shops will let you try some grips on clubs they have at the shop if they have a little hitting range there. I'd try that and see what feels the best.

JTrout 09-20-2007 09:34 AM

There have been tons of new grips that have come along lately.
Golf Pride Tour Velvet is still the most-used on the professional tours.

Shoot59 09-20-2007 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There have been tons of new grips that have come along lately.
Golf Pride Tour Velvet is still the most-used on the professional tours.

[/ QUOTE ]

..and they are inexpensive so its no big deal to replace them regularly.

black knight 09-20-2007 11:35 AM

I'm going to give win's a go in the winter...I'll replace one of my extra clubs before I switch them all because I use chord and have always needed to.

LimitGod 09-20-2007 09:12 PM

lamkin crossline cords
golf pride tour velvet cords

ClubChamp04 09-23-2007 03:52 PM

Grips are a very subjective subject b/c they can change the way your clubs feel. Certain grips will drastically alter the feeling of your clubs if they are too soft/hard-heavy/light so it depends on what you're looking for. I believe older people tend to use softer grips such as winn b/c they dampen the vibration in their hands. I personally hate that b/c it takes away a lot of the feedback from the club. I play velvets and have no plans on changing.

KFCandKoolAid 09-28-2007 05:36 AM

thanks for the responses. has anyone tried the winn G8 grips? if so how did you like them? if i don't regrip with the velvets i might go with those.

KFCandKoolAid 09-28-2007 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I switched to Win Grips a few years ago and love them. I use the classic black wrap style grips on my irons. The only draw back is that they wear pretty quick. You also might not like the feel. I also have the G8 style on my woods and those are a little tougher.

I like both, but it's kinda a personal choice. Most golf shops will let you try some grips on clubs they have at the shop if they have a little hitting range there. I'd try that and see what feels the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you saying they will throw a grip on one club and let you hit it to see if you like it?

pgjcbsn 09-29-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I switched to Win Grips

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI - There are two n's in Winn Grips