Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Can it be folded? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=552794)

verybadmofo 11-23-2007 09:58 AM

Can it be folded?

This took place at the 75/150 levels of a $330 MTT with 4000 starting stack. We both had about 5000.

I called a raise of 600 with QQ in position to make it heads-up. The flop came QKK. Long story short, i went broke to KK. I like to pride myself on great reads and the ability to fold where others go broke. I dismissed the chance of him having KK instantly....is it possible to fold this hand considering it is the early stages of the MTT?

flyingmoose 11-23-2007 10:07 AM

Re: Can it be folded?

1) You left out a bunch of important information, including all postflop action, which leads me to believe that this isn't a strategy question at all but rather a hastily written bad beat post.
2) Unless the guy has a tell where he only scratches his balls when he has quads, and he just scratched his balls, then no, you can't fold this.

hamnegger 11-23-2007 10:07 AM

if an ace hit i might get away otherwise w this stack no.

LuckyLloyd 11-23-2007 10:22 AM

lol - never ever fold here. I don't even need to see reads, details of previous tussles, etc, etc.

ThePershore 11-23-2007 10:26 AM

lol no.

gtpitch 11-23-2007 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol no.

[/ QUOTE ]

JammyDodga 11-23-2007 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Unless the guy has a tell where he only scratches his balls when he has quads, and he just scratched his balls, then no, you can't fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unphased 11-23-2007 11:49 AM

"lol donkaments" i believe is the correct response

auc hincloss 11-23-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) You left out all the important information, including all postflop action, which leads me to believe that this isn't a strategy question at all but rather a hastily written completely obvious bad beat post .
2) Unless the guy has a tell where he only scratches his balls when he has quads, and he just scratched his balls, then no, you can't fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

verybadmofo 11-23-2007 08:40 PM

Not a bad beat post at all but i can see that it could look that way. I know that heaps of "good" players say that in certain situation you have to go broke, but i have read pro's like Gavin Smith say that "The average-good player goes broke here, but not a pro" The post flop action was the other guy check-calling my half pot bets to the river where he went all-in. He was acting very "weak" so i put him on a strong hand like AK. I did not believe he had KQ because he was too tight to open raise UTG with that hand. My hand range pre-flop for him was very small: AA, KK, JJ, AK or maybe AQ but after his poor acting job after the check call on the flop i dismissed AA, JJ and AQ because i felt he was strong! And as i said in the original post i also dismissed quads.....

If i made the correct read of him being real stong should i have considered quads?

Thanks for the feed back