Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   So I'm addicted to nasal spray... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=344177)

KilgoreTrout 03-01-2007 11:56 AM

So I\'m addicted to nasal spray...

tl/dr: I guess this is a PSA. Use nasal decongestant sprays only for a couple days at a time, lest ye become an Afrin junky.

---

Not a true addiction, but a physical dependence. Been a rough winter for the Warden and me. We've each had the flu and a couple of bad colds. I came down with sinusitis in early February and started using over the counter nasal sprays for relief.

I have a deviated septum, thanks to a broken honker when I was a kid, and only one side of my nose functions effectively. If that side gets stuffed up I am miserable. Hence the nasal spray. The stuff works, but because I've been using it for the better part of a month I now am suffering from rebound congestion. Basically my sinuses swell up unless I take a couple hits from the nasal spray. My doc's analogy: it's like hemorrhoids in your nose.

I have to take 4 sudafeds to gain relief even for a couple hours. The only way to break the cycle of congestion is to quit the sprays cold-turkey. I'm on day 2. It sucks.

TheBlueMonster 03-01-2007 12:03 PM

Re: So I\'m addicted to nasal spray...

the first spray is always free...

dboy23 03-01-2007 12:16 PM

pretty soon it will be cocaine. Is this really the path you want to head down?

CrazyEyez 03-01-2007 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty soon it will be cocaine. Is this really the path you want to head down?

[/ QUOTE ]
Should eventually burn a hole in your septum, thus helping your breathing. I see no downside.

Rootabager 03-01-2007 12:23 PM

Dude I am in the exact same boat as you. I have a deviated septum that seems to always been clogged. I have been resisting using afrin but every once in awhile. The stuff is a miracle drug.

You prolly should just go get surgery to fix your deviated septum. It's just a minor procedure I have ben reading about, becuase I want to get it done too.

I bought some stuff call NasalCrom from Walmart that was supposed to help but did not do anything.

My dad also has the same problem as me. He swears by shooting a couple of sprays of FloNase every day. Says it keeps him clear. You should try that.

Toro 03-01-2007 12:31 PM

Dr. Min Ahn 508 755 8623

Call this guy and get it fixed. He's the best imo.

KilgoreTrout 03-01-2007 12:34 PM

You realize, Toro, that every crank in OOT will be calling this guy begging for adderal scripts....

XXXNoahXXX 03-01-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dr. Min Ahn 508 755 8623

Call this guy and get it fixed. He's the best imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm can we get a little more here?

Rootabager 03-01-2007 12:38 PM

On a related note cocaine does help alot. Every time after I am clear as a whistle.

Rootabager 03-01-2007 12:42 PM

Yeah no doubt. I am miserable.