Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sats, BR requirements, and selling pieces question (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=496969)

BrandiFan 09-09-2007 09:54 AM

Sats, BR requirements, and selling pieces question

I think most of us agree that we need around 100 buyins to play large MTTs with proper bankroll management. I would like to hear what others think about satellites to these events on Stars in particular. I have already won a few WCOOP seats, but the nit in me says to just take the $W...

Since X amount is above the 100 buyin mark for my roll, should I always unregister and take the $T or $W after winning a seat even if I think the larger tournament is +EV? What if I sold a piece of myself? Would it be correct to simply keep as much a share as my roll could tolerate (i.e. sell $300 of a $500 buyin if my roll is 20k)?

ShipitFMA 09-09-2007 09:58 AM

Re: Sats, BR requirements, and selling pieces question

Essentially, buying in with the $T is the exact same as buying in with real $, so i'd say the same applys if you satellite your way in

BrandiFan 09-09-2007 10:08 AM

Who's in your avatar Shipit? She looks just like this girl I used to work with who happens to play poker too.

ShipitFMA 09-09-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's in your avatar Shipit? She looks just like this girl I used to work with who happens to play poker too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greenteagirlie, check her out on youtube... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

NU Star 09-09-2007 12:45 PM

My general rules:

Never play a WCOOP sat with real money. Buy W$ and use them to play the sat. Don't even use FPPs since there are better sats for those.

Don't use a Sat ticket to play an event unless you already plan on playing the event. Logically I don't see a reason to play on Stars when you can get T$.

BrandiFan 09-09-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't even use FPPs since there are better sats for those.

[/ QUOTE ]What sats do you recommend playing? I was planning on buying into 1 or 2 events with fpps.

GSykes 09-09-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Don't even use FPPs since there are better sats for those.

[/ QUOTE ]What sats do you recommend playing? I was planning on buying into 1 or 2 events with fpps.

[/ QUOTE ]

5400 FPPs to the sunday million 4/10 get seats

BrandiFan 09-09-2007 05:24 PM

sweet, I thought most of the fpp sats paid 1 seat in a stt. I'll play some of those ty.

NU Star 09-09-2007 05:45 PM

Just don't use FPPs for W$ events.

BrandiFan 09-09-2007 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5400 FPPs to the sunday million 4/10 get seats

[/ QUOTE ]It looks like these aren't running right now, do they run at particular times?