Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AK v two donks Line check please (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534723)

Turlock 10-30-2007 04:00 PM

AK v two donks Line check please

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (12.4SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12.2BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $0.15</font>.
Uncalled bets: 0.7BB returned to BB.

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12.8BB, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: 12.8BB)

Results:
Final pot: 12.8BB

Both players were terrible calling raises with 82 and the like.Once I'd already called one flop bet I felt priced in to see the turn,does anyone think I should I should have ignored my read and let it go earlier?

RemyXO 10-30-2007 04:05 PM

Re: AK v two donks Line check please

(1) Why didn't you cap preflop??
(2) I am fine with the first call on the flop, but when it's two bets back to you, it's time to let it go. You may certainly be dominated by CO's hand and BB is saying he's beating an overpair ... although the pot is large, the action is not very good to continue drawing to overs.
(3) If you read BB for a donkey and CO for a stackofftiltmonkey, then the turn card really doesn't change anything. Since you called all those bets on the flop, you are now well priced to call one bet on the turn ... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

kbdunn 10-30-2007 04:10 PM

Since the CO is shortstacked, capping PF is not bad, you may have him dominated unless hes been waiting orbit after orbit to go in with a high pair.

If you are going to commit yourself to call two cold on the flop, believing your two overcards are clean, I would never fold the turn since you are getting solid odds.

You say the BB is a tard so he can easily be overplaying a pair + BDSD, 8x, or be strong and have a legimate hand such as 99 or 1010. The turn didnt change much, so if you thought you were on a clean draw on the flop, you are still on a clean draw on the turn.

RemyXO 10-30-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Since the CO is shortstacked, capping PF is not bad, you may have him dominated unless hes been waiting orbit after orbit to go in with a high pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF. Who cares if he's shortshacked or not. By not capping preflop with a premium hand like AK you are losing value. Period.

kbdunn 10-30-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

WTF. Who cares if he's shortshacked or not. By not capping preflop with a premium hand like AK you are losing value. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against tards who have a wide 3 betting range or are shortstacked, yes I see the value in capping AKo PF. And this guy is a tard.

But do you cap PF everytime a villain 3 bets?

Many villains have a solid 3 betting range of 10s+/AK, where capping against a solid 3 bettor is marginal a lot of the time or -EV, depending who else is in the hand, if I remember my stoving experience. If the villain has a looser 3 betting range of AJs/AQs+ then yes I can see capping every time

bellatrix 10-30-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But do you cap PF everytime a villain 3 bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I have some sort of note or read, yes!

[ QUOTE ]

Many villains have a solid 3 betting range of 10s+/AK,

[/ QUOTE ]

... and many do not. And this is not a "solid" range. 3-betting with AJs or 99 is a good play more often than not.

BadBigBabar 10-30-2007 05:49 PM

cap pf
fold the flop the 2nd time

kbdunn 10-30-2007 05:53 PM

Well AKs I am capping, AKo is close. However I play live with tards, and they have a really strict 3 betting range.

However realizing I play live and most of those villains do have strict predictible 3 betting ranges, and this is about an online hand, my advice is pretty null.

neurotiq 10-30-2007 06:45 PM

Cap preflop.

Fold flop to all those raises. We just have A high [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Xhad 10-30-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many villains have a solid 3 betting range of 10s+/AK, where capping against a solid 3 bettor is marginal a lot of the time or -EV, depending who else is in the hand, if I remember my stoving experience.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if all this is true, you don't need 50% equity to make an equity cap multiway.