Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   When does it start to get tough? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539867)

plzbenice 11-06-2007 05:30 PM

When does it start to get tough?

im killing PLO100 now and plan to move up soon.

at what levels do the players start to get good ? ecause the PLO100 games i find in general to be incredibly soft.

jbird 11-06-2007 05:33 PM

Re: When does it start to get tough?

have fun with your first big downswing!

sc000t 11-06-2007 05:37 PM

This game is easy, it never gets tough. Enjoy.

iggymcfly 11-06-2007 05:59 PM

Even though all the people that hammer 1/2 ridicule me on this point, I think there's a huge difference between 0.5/1 and 1/2 on Stars. I've got 29,000 hands at 0.5/1 and I'm averaging 13.0 BB/100 there. I've got 22,000 hands at 1/2 and there, I'm only averaging 2.3 BB/100. I probably need to dial down the aggression a little at 1/2 since the players adjust a little better there, but I still can't see how there can be that big of a difference.

SteveL91 11-06-2007 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even though all the people that hammer 1/2 ridicule me on this point, I think there's a huge difference between 0.5/1 and 1/2 on Stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I think you're right. If you look through the Stars' lobby and compare the .50/1 games and 1/2, there's usually a significant difference in table quality/texture: .5/1 is usually populated by a bunch of short-stacks, and maybe one to three people with between 100 and 200 blinds, but rarely any more; at 1/2, the tables are usually populated with people closer to the max buy-in, and more people willing to play far deeper. There's also a lot more raising and re-raising at 1/2, so the average pot size (in terms of blinds) is usually far bigger.

I like aggressive games, and I don't really have trouble adjusting to them, so I much prefer the environment at 1/2; .5/1 is just way too nitty for my tastes.

getitfixed 11-06-2007 06:53 PM

It's a very easy game. The thing I like about PLO is the best hand seems to hold up WAY more than it does in hold em. A good player will hardly ever suffer a downswing for more than a couple hundred hands in PLO, so it is way easier to run well over longer periods of time. This also makes BR management less of an issue in PLO than in hold em. I would advise you this OP, if you have ~ 4 buy ins for the next level, move up and just play very tight, double up and continue this til you hit the top! Continued success.

sondring 11-06-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a very easy game. The thing I like about PLO is the best hand seems to hold up WAY more than it does in hold em. A good player will hardly ever suffer a downswing for more than a couple hundred hands in PLO, so it is way easier to run well over longer periods of time. This also makes BR management less of an issue in PLO than in hold em. I would advise you this OP, if you have ~ 4 buy ins for the next level, move up and just play very tight, double up and continue this til you hit the top! Continued success.

[/ QUOTE ]

4 buy-ins! you bankroll nit.

sondring 11-06-2007 07:03 PM

OP: what site?

TimberBee 11-06-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Follow this advice, and you'll do good.

DonCologne 11-06-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Follow this advice, and you'll do good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Follow this advice and you have a minimum 95% chance to going broke.