Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   2 hands: FD vs. cap, and a TT hand (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490892)

egocidal 08-31-2007 05:13 PM

2 hands: FD vs. cap, and a TT hand

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Standard.

Flop: (5 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Hero folds, CO calls, SB calls.

Against like 1 or 2 opponents and in position I raise here for free cardz but obv this doesn't fly. I prob would've even called one raise, but I don't see how I can call this amirite? Or implied odds etc hyachcha

Full Tilt 0.25/0.5 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

no position for 3 bet. or no?

Flop: (7.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

why did I bet into the raise, esp with spades... At that point I decide I would call down turn river barring a 10 or another spade

Turn: (6.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.70 BB

sharpie 09-01-2007 01:40 PM

Re: 2 hands: FD vs. cap, and a TT hand

First hand is bad getting almost 10 to 1.

Second one I'd 3 bet PF. Postflop is awkward without reads.

KitCloudkicker 09-01-2007 01:49 PM

horrible fold in hand 1, 3 bet pf and lead in hand 2.

Christian_Peters 09-02-2007 12:09 AM

***Grunch***

Wow. It's been a long time since I've seen someone fold a 2 card flush draw on the flop. Bad fold. Not close.

Hand 2 is trickier; I would have raised it before the flop and I think the hand is easier to play if you do that; but as played, I think I c/r the flop and lead the turn.

If he 3-bangs the flop, I probably call and c/f the turn UI - but I think this is the hardest possible scenario. If he just calls the flop bet, and raises the turn (any card), it's a pretty fold. Otherwise, against most villains, I c/c the river. I know c/c isn't good often but if he calls the c/r flop, calls a turn bet, he has basically a 1) scared overpair or 2) a Flush draw. A lot of times the scared overpair isn't betting here, and a lot of times the flush draw is. Yeah, he also sometimes has a slowplayed monster, but I think it's far less likely than the other 2.

Christian_Peters 09-02-2007 12:13 AM

BTW, nice avatar.

neurotiq 09-02-2007 12:43 AM

In the first hand, you need to call. You're contributing 25% of the pot, and you'll hit your flush 35% of the time. Since 35% &gt; 25% you have equity to continue here.

In the second hand, I'd 3bet it preflop so that we'll have a better idea where we stand after the flop. As played, I probably would check-raise this flop rather than lead it. If he 3bets, I'm probably looking for a reason to fold on the turn. As the flop was played, I'm probably still looking for a reason to fold. With MP1 raising and MP2 cold calling, it's not looking so good...

I wonder if you have any reads or stats on MP2 that would show him/her cold calling lightly? I suppose that at $0.25/$0.50, it's a distinct possibility...