Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Stars Turbo Completion Time/Supernova Elite (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=295065)

rwesty 12-31-2006 05:46 AM

Stars Turbo Completion Time/Supernova Elite

If you were to 9/18-table continuously the $60/$114/$225 Turbos how many hours would it take to obtain Supernova Elite?

What percentage rakeback would you get assuming you started at Bronze level?

runner4life7 12-31-2006 05:56 AM

Re: Stars Turbo Completion Time/Supernova Elite

you can easily figure this out yourself.

suzzer99 12-31-2006 06:12 AM

Each $114 = 45 VPPs. That's 22,222 $114s to get to 1M, or 427/week. Realistically I'd take at least a month off. So 462/week. Tough. I did that pace for 3 weeks after I blew off $21k and just about lost my mind. I had to go to Utah and chill for 2 weeks.

Lego05 12-31-2006 07:44 AM

The rewards for supernova elite are so sweet. But this doesn't look all that possible to me... definitely difficult You either have to play at a ridiculous pace at pretty high levels to do this or play at a pretty high pace at very extreme high levels. This is what it seems to me anyway. As for the exact question its pretty easy math to do and I don't feel like doing it right now so

It def. isn't possible for me anyway since the first 4 months of the year are taken up with student teaching before the next 15/16 are free but then they are different calendar years and I'm all screwed....and having only played less than 5 sng's above the $60 level doesn't help either.

z32fanatic 12-31-2006 09:04 AM

After you get to Supernova Elite, you end up getting basically 50% RB if you use the FPPs on an Aston Martin, not including the ~$30k of free MTT entries which also come with being in Elite. As far as I know, the only changes are 5x VPPs, and the free MTT entries. If there are other bonuses, they haven't been factored into this calculation.

I got 50% RB by estimating you could sell the Aston Martin for $100k profit. Currently they're selling for $120k brand new, but you'd have to pay some taxes and titling fees, plus you'll have to take a hit when selling it to the dealer.

It will take ~13,000 $225s to get the bonus, so I assume at least 15-20 SNG players will get it this year.

TruFloridaGator 12-31-2006 02:03 PM

It's insane. At what level is it possible playing ring?

MrFizzbin 12-31-2006 04:41 PM

Are your calculations including that at Silver you get 50%, Gold would get 100%, Platinum would receive a 150%,Supernova you would receive 250%, and 400% bonus on supernova elite.

I suspect this is true but I may be wrong about the following:

Ring games acquire points more quickly because anytime you put 1 bet into the pot you are considered in the hand and get credit for the rake. If you are in the sb and fold and the pot gets capped, and max rake is taken you get the FPP. The higher the limits the greater the chance that max rake is taken therefore your chances to pad the FPP. Stud game really rule because of the ante. If there is an ante, everybody is in the hand I suspect 7 card games generate the most fpp's for the lowers cost but I'm not sure. I'm sure if I'm wrong there will be a long line of torchbearers to flame me. [pouring the gasoline, waiting for the villagers]

Rook 12-31-2006 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ring games acquire points more quickly because anytime you put 1 bet into the pot you are considered in the hand and get credit for the rake. If you are in the sb and fold and the pot gets capped, and max rake is taken you get the FPP. The higher the limits the greater the chance that max rake is taken therefore your chances to pad the FPP. Stud game really rule because of the ante. If there is an ante, everybody is in the hand I suspect 7 card games generate the most fpp's for the lowers cost but I'm not sure. I'm sure if I'm wrong there will be a long line of torchbearers to flame me. [pouring the gasoline, waiting for the villagers]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are actually counted as "in the hand" so long as you were dealt cards. You don't have to put a dime into the pot to earn FPP's. If the pot was raked, you earned FPP's.

JuntMonkey 12-31-2006 05:47 PM

If you get an Aston Martin, aren't the taxes going to be like $30-$40K if the value is $120K?

IWEARGOGGLES 12-31-2006 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you get an Aston Martin, aren't the taxes going to be like $30-$40K if the value is $120K?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you get a new car, you have to pay sales tax. I don't think he was calculating that in terms of it being 120k profit or something.