Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Stuff that made your life way better than you thought it would (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=201782)

Paluka 09-01-2006 02:25 PM

Stuff that made your life way better than you thought it would

I'm talking about things that you thought would be pretty good, but actually ended up being insanely good. Here are mine:

1) Vacation to Hawaii. I though this would be fun and relaxing, but I'm not a huge beach guy or anything. It ended up being totally amazing. I felt a million times better for the next couple months. Just getting back to doing anything outdoors combined with the time off work really helped relieve a lot of built up stress for me. I also feel like my wife and I really enjoyed the time together and it made our relationship better than it already was.

2) Adopting 2 cats from a shelter. I had not lived with pets in a long time, and having the 2 little cats around the house makes me happier every day. They were stinky and ill when we took them in, and now they are happy and healthy. They still stink sometimes though. I was stuck in a rut of gambling and thinking about money all the time, and this helped get me out of it.

Freerollin` 09-01-2006 02:27 PM

Re: Stuff that made your life way better than you thought it would

I don't really like much TV, but getting a DVR was fantastic since my wife doesn't sit next to me and say things such as, "I don't want to watch the National Geographic channel. This is stupid, let's watch Oprah."

NO YOU MOTHER-[censored], I DON'T WANT TO [censored] WATCH OPRAH.

Kneel B4 Zod 09-01-2006 02:28 PM

buying a new grill. I use that thing all the time.

[censored] the forman

turnipmonster 09-01-2006 02:31 PM

last fall my wife and I took a cross country road trip for 2 months, spent most of the time camping and hiking but also spent time with friends all over the place. it was really great and something I'll remember for the rest of my life.

it sounds kind of trite but having an ipod has pretty much made my life a million times better. now instead of standing around waiting for the train I can listen to whatever music I want, learn new tunes, etc.

kidcolin 09-01-2006 02:49 PM

I'll speak for my dad. He'd say it was the cordless drill I gave him for xmas. He always knew he'd like one, but he had a perfectly fine drill, so he could never justify the $$$. After installing new windows with the cordless one, he's blown away about how much better it is.

Evan 09-01-2006 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

it sounds kind of trite but having an ipod has pretty much made my life a million times better. now instead of standing around waiting for the train I can listen to whatever music I want, learn new tunes, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is definitely near the top for me.

KSPD 09-01-2006 02:51 PM

My children

Paluka 09-01-2006 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My children

[/ QUOTE ]

But you knew children would be great. Everyone says children are amazing. My kid is great too, but I expected that.

offTopic 09-01-2006 02:53 PM

Replacing an old bed with a new bed is at the top of the list. I still don't get enough sleep sometimes, but now it's my fault and not the bed's fault.

HP 09-01-2006 02:54 PM

ipod

and backpacking around the world. Seriously, why aren't all you youngin's who make decent scrilla at poker doing this?