Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Q9 aggression (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=281733)

Rubeskies 12-12-2006 06:45 PM

Q9 aggression

BB is TAGish 32/16/2
UTG+1 has similiar stats.

Raise preflop?

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $20</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($60, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $10</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($90, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $20</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>

Zobags 12-12-2006 08:02 PM

Re: Q9 aggression

Since BB raised OOP pre-flop and bet into 2 players twice, I think he has a pair &gt; 99, AK, or AQ. All of which are calling you down because of the flush draw on the board. I fold the turn.

MAxx 12-12-2006 08:16 PM

Hi boss,

-I wouldn't raise pf as a default, but I could see how having the initiative here can actually buy you the pot on the flop sometimes.

-I wouldn't take your turn line very often either, but I don't think it is a terrible play against someone who can fold....and I am going to assume that this guy can.

-If he just calls the turn raise, I think you are going to want to follow through on most rivers.

Surf 12-13-2006 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

-I wouldn't raise pf as a default, but I could see how having the initiative here can actually buy you the pot on the flop sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

[ QUOTE ]

-I wouldn't take your turn line very often either, but I don't think it is a terrible play against someone who can fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, i wouldn't take this turn line very often either..but i don't think it's such a great play unless villain is nitty / oblivious. IMO hero's hand has a "Nuts or bluff" feel to it, since we're repping 8x. It would be a pretty weird way to play Tx - giving both opponents a cheap look at the turn and then going for a c-r on the turn, risking a potential free card to 2 players.

As a result I think you're getting looked up here very often. If villain could be getting out of line preflop then there's more merit since occasionally we'll catch him without a hand.

Also, if villain calls the turn I think we should check the river, there are very few hands that beat us that will fold to a river follow through once they are there...perhaps QJs and KdXd are the only ones...

Surf