Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's the most expensive thing you've ever lost? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=508685)

Sooga 09-24-2007 11:24 PM

What\'s the most expensive thing you\'ve ever lost?

Today, through no one else's fault (or stupidity) other than my own, I lost my Nintendo DS. I don't want to get into the stupid details, but basically I just left the bag out in public accidentally. Not only that, but I had some games and a carrying case and all that, so when you add everything up, it was probably a ~$225 loss or so.

Yea, I know some of you wipe your ass with $225, but now that I think about it, that's probably the most expensive thing I've ever lost, which I guess means I've been pretty lucky.

I don't want this thread degenerating into stories about how your $50k car was stolen, or how your gambling-degenerate uncle stole $3k out of your dresser drawer. I'm asking about expensive things that you lost all on your own due to your stupidity or carelessness (or both).

I want to feel better about my loss today.

ddubois 09-24-2007 11:26 PM

Re: What\'s the most expensive thing you\'ve ever lost?

Wedding ring, platinum. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Sooga 09-24-2007 11:28 PM

did it accidentally come off, or do you not keep it on all the time?

edfurlong 09-24-2007 11:30 PM

I lost my car a while ago. I found it a couple days later though.

4 High 09-24-2007 11:31 PM

Wedding Ring. Lost it on my honeymoon in the Bahamas. =(

bwana devil 09-24-2007 11:32 PM

in new orleans for my bachelor party, i go out and have a great time. taking pics of me w/ topless girls all night. have a great time. at the end of night my brother says we have to go to a strip club. i dont want to but go along,

when we leave as soon as i hit the front lobby area i realize i left my digital camera on the table. i turn around and go back to the table 3 minutes later and it's gone. im drunk screaming at all the tables since one of them stole it and the rest knew who stole it. i leave w/out the camera. been 3 years and im still pissed off.

Shadowrun 09-24-2007 11:34 PM

Lost watch from Bar Mitzvah. Kids shouldnt get such expensive things.

tagtastic 09-24-2007 11:36 PM

I lost an umbrella in college. Left it under a desk on a rainy day, remembered it a few minutes later, but no surprise it was gone (really nasty outside).

When I was about 5 or 6 I lost a mickey mouse Velcro wallet bouncing on a bunch of beds while my parents were mattress shopping. I think it had like $15 in it.

Since this is the best I can come up with, I think I'm pretty good at not losing stuff.

fraserbrown 09-24-2007 11:36 PM

Lost iPod and case ~$260

Lost virginity, dunno price, could have sold it probably

highlife 09-24-2007 11:37 PM

$300 leather jacket with $200 in the pocket