Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Set on QQ9 flop... what to do? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322014)

Jurollo 02-02-2007 04:45 PM

Set on QQ9 flop... what to do?

FTP $150, 1st hour. Guy instapushed back over me, I cant think of anything I beat aside from JdTd.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $30/$60
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($420, 7 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $360</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1250</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $5116</font>, Hero ?

ForeverGamer 02-02-2007 04:58 PM

Re: Set on QQ9 flop... what to do?

People on FT like to go all in when the flop pairs with things like A9 when 9 is the other flop card. I've seen it so many times, people thinking "..well, only a Q beats me!!" when that's not strictly true. Also high pocket pairs would push too! I'd have called as only 99 and the case queen with a larger kicker beats you at that point.

mikeJ 02-02-2007 05:00 PM

Call, he will show up w/ trapping AA/KK/draws and other overplayed hands often enough to make this a call.

TheDreamer 02-02-2007 05:05 PM

I wouldn't raise the flop if I didn't intend on calling the shove. But I WOULD call the shove.

Jurollo 02-02-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, he will show up w/ trapping AA/KK/draws and other overplayed hands often enough to make this a call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then do you think it is a raise on the flop? I am thinking he fires with a lot of diamond draws in that family pot as well as a lot of Q's and maybe 99. My best guess is this is KQ.

Lloyd 02-02-2007 05:48 PM

I'm thinking AA/KK, AQ-KQ-QJ, maybe 99 and some drawing hands. Obviously KQ/QJ not as likely. I definitely think you've got the right odds to call. Probably about 50/50 with the overlay.

Bob Loblaw 02-02-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise the flop if I didn't intend on calling the shove. But I WOULD call the shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

what he said.

Potowame 02-02-2007 06:00 PM

It seems more like a 99-AA than a Q. Mainly because I see players try to slow play the Q here but lead out with 99 hoping the Q is in play, or leading a slow played Higher Pocket thinking that the Q is unlikly in play.

Have you been Lagging it up or pretty quit?
How did he get such a big stack already?

Jurollo 02-02-2007 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems more like a 99-AA than a Q. Mainly because I see players try to slow play the Q here but lead out with 99 hoping the Q is in play, or leading a slow played Higher Pocket thinking that the Q is unlikly in play.

Have you been Lagging it up or pretty quit?
How did he get such a big stack already?

[/ QUOTE ]
The board is so coordinated I doubt anyone is going to slowplay that flop.

Mi_T_Sharp 02-02-2007 06:06 PM

I believe you have trips, sir.