Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official Week 11 FF Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=260052)

capone0 11-14-2006 11:16 AM

Official Week 11 FF Thread

Still in first, I have a 2 game edge on second place which is good. Second place team is very strong so I need to keep my edge.

QBs: Peyton @ Dal

RB1: Gore vs Sea
RB2:

Green vs NE
Betts @ TB
T. Bell vs SD
M. Bell vs SD
C. William vs Washington

WR1: Roy W @ Ari
WR2: Walker vs SD
WR3: Stallworth vs Ten

Other options:

Horn vs Cincy (will he be healthy if so good matchup but so are my first 3 WRs)
Evans @ Hou (another good matchup)

TE: Gates @ Den

K: Gould vs NYJ

Def: Chicago vs NYJ

Looks like I have no real question marks. I really hate having both Denver running backs and they have both been bad lately. Is it time to waive either or both? They lost Lepsis and the line hasn't been the same since.

Our league (friendly) has a no waiver clause. So my buddy drops Portis and McGahee. Either worth picking up? I know exactly why he dropped them, I don't really want McGahee but Portis could eventually be back although he's never truly been healthy this year.

Also for late season I have decided not to pick up a QB. Should I drop someone now to pick up McNair who has been better. Green who might come back. Or Plummer who seems to have his head on straight now? Or Carr who is good week to week. Last thing I want is to not have a QB at the end of the year.

silentbob 11-14-2006 01:28 PM

Re: Official Week 11 FF Thread

RB2: I would still start one of the Bells, whichever one is active on Sunday.

FA: Both Portis and McGahee are probably done for the season. Highly unlikely that they'll be risked when their teams are playing out the string.

Backup QB: Definitely, but not necessarily this week. You can still afford to wait and see.

ScottieK 11-14-2006 01:36 PM

QB problem...I have P. Rivers and M. Brunell. Intend to dump Brunell, should I pick up Roethlisberger or Harrington? Thanks!

ScottieK

Triumph36 11-14-2006 01:44 PM

Once again, a QB issue -

Aces McGee 11-14-2006 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once again, a QB issue -

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted Wallace, a split second before I remembered that Hasselbeck might play. I think it's Seneca is Hasselbeck doesn't go.

-McGee

Triumph36 11-14-2006 01:58 PM

I should note that I also have Hasselbeck - you think he's a good start if he does play?

Aces McGee 11-14-2006 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should note that I also have Hasselbeck - you think he's a good start if he does play?

[/ QUOTE ]

If your other options are Frye and Smith, yes.

-McGee

Triumph36 11-14-2006 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your other options are Frye and Smith, yes.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I just worry about Hasselbeck not being 100% and the coach deciding to go with Wallace halfway through the game.

Tom1975 11-14-2006 02:20 PM

Dear Mike Holmgren:

Please stop toying with my emotions. In the past 3 weeks I've slipped from second to fourth (just out of the money btw) in my league. You know who I've been starting? Good ole Freddy Taylor. 70 yards and a pile of no touchdowns because that's Drew-Maurice Jones' job, or whatever his name is. I'm hanging on watching with envy as the LJ & LT owners continue to gain on me like a lion chasing down a wounded antelope. I remember how happy I was on draft day that I got the third pick. LJ-LT-Shaun? What's the difference, right? I went from being merely happy to estatic when Clinton Portis was still available in the third round. Yeah.

So as you can see, I really could use some production out of my RBs this week. He says he's been pain free for a while now. I'm no doctor, but most clean fractures heal within sevens weeks from what I've seen.

It's time Mike. Put him in, coach. For the love of God put him in.

brettbrettr 11-14-2006 02:21 PM

Just keep rivers. you don't need a Back up.