Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Dexter 11/11 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=543950)

RiverFenix 11-11-2007 10:58 PM

Dexter 11/11

Looked pretty good. You know Lila cant stay but shes really fighting and you can see a lot of confusion in Dexter.

I think it was awesome but a huge mistake what he did to Doakes. W/ Doakes in the office and not incredibly pissed he can watch him better. Thoughts on that?

I missed the first 5 min of the episode. What was the lightbulb comment at the end in reference too?

Nonfiction 11-11-2007 11:01 PM

Re: Dexter 11/11

I think it was a huge mistake with Doakes. Now he has an angry Doakes seeking retribution against him. Lila is obviously crazy. And LOTS of naked Lila is A+++ in my book.

Also, could this all be setting up for Deb to figure out who/what Dexter is? Now that she is so "intimate" with the investigation and all.

j555 11-11-2007 11:04 PM

Sometimes truth comes from a peaceful place...

Doakes is angry and crazy. Angry and crazy enough to be the Bay Harbor Butcher? Hmmm...

ckmo 11-11-2007 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I missed the first 5 min of the episode. What was the lightbulb comment at the end in reference too?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lila's wiring/light bulb wasn't working and the landlord wasn't doing anything about it so she broke the landlords light forcing it to get fixed.

RiverFenix 11-12-2007 01:01 AM

How many people have read the second book and know where this is heading? I really like how open this season is right now and what direction it can go in. I think they've done an excellent job so far.

Charmer 11-12-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lila's wiring/light bulb wasn't working and the landlord wasn't doing anything about it so she broke the landlords light forcing it to get fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that that was what it was in reference to, however, it seemed like it had an eerie feeling when he looked at the light fixed, and I felt like I missed something, or it had more meaning.

JDalla 11-12-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that that was what it was in reference to, however, it seemed like it had an eerie feeling when he looked at the light fixed, and I felt like I missed something, or it had more meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was symbolic of her manipulating things to always get what she wants. Perhaps he suspects that she's up to no good.

Senor Cardgage 11-12-2007 01:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just a reference to how she's willing to go to destructive lengths to manipulate people into giving her what she wants. The lightbulb, now the fire, etc.

EDIT: Yeah, what the guy before me said.

lennytheduck 11-12-2007 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's suspicious now because her way of getting what she wants is through destruction. He makes reference to her being good at getting what she desires when they are at dinner. Lila feels like she is losing him, so she does what comes natural to keep Dexter close and make sure he stays there.

craigthedeac 11-12-2007 01:16 AM

The feeling you're getting is him realizing that she gets what she wants and he is worried that she is manipulating him in some way. (imo)

edit: like 5 ppl beat me