Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Official Nick Rainey thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=420534)

Reef 06-06-2007 10:23 AM

Re: Official Nick Rainey thread

yep, he wouldn't .. we'll just give 1 point due to fluke. Strings break, gets a cramp mid point, slips, lucky shot vs him that hits net and dribbles over, etc

Shadowrun 06-06-2007 10:30 AM

I think i would employ the strategy of barking and running around the court like a mad-man, akin to Nick's Style in his playing days (j/k think its funny you have someone make a gimmick to insult you).

Maybe Roger would fault from laughing so hard. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Burno 06-06-2007 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nick,

"Yeah the average 2+2 would have a hard time winning 10 points in a 3 set match against Roger."

I can't figure out where the average 2+2er would find anywhere near 10 points. It's not like Federer would need to go for big serves or tough winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine the average 2+2er wouldn't win a single point that wasn't a double fault by Federer

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. Most people who played quality competitive tennis in their youth oughta be able to get a few points just trying to smoke low % winners. Its sorta like playing Ivey HU and going AI every hand. And I wouldn't expect many double faults unless you hit world class returns.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know if the average 2p2er could stay standing for a 5 set match.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

well most points would be over by the 2nd time Federer hit the ball, so probably

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Actual God 06-06-2007 11:05 AM

It would be extremely difficult for even a competent but not great tennis player to return Federer's serve, first or second. In a 3 set match, I'd maybe get lucky and return one.

unbluffable 06-06-2007 11:14 AM

Kuznetsova is russian not serb

The "average 2p2er would win maybe, maybe 3 points. maybe

Good solid tennis players who play recreatianally would be lucky to win 6 points. they would not win 2 points in the same game. Federer is beyond awesome

PA is hot

A S U 06-06-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am just fed up with everyone giving me [censored] when I provide gossip and updates whenever I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a name dropper, but who cares that's what NVG is all about baby! Keep it up. Also, more about Cunningham's g/f plz.

New2NL 06-06-2007 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am just fed up with everyone giving me [censored] when I provide gossip and updates whenever I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a name dropper, but who cares that's what NVG is all about baby! Keep it up. Also, more about Cunningham's g/f plz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude google her, she is gross. Cunningham is closet ghey and does not hit that.

Actual God 06-06-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kuznetsova is russian not serb

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. She got beat by a Serb.

Arnold_O 06-06-2007 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's only the jack@sses that are giving you crap. anyone with an interest in the poker world wants to know whats going on.

i read a story about melissa hayden, nasty woman is what i heard.

Arnold_O 06-06-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Dude google her, she is gross. Cunningham is closet ghey and does not hit that.

[/ QUOTE ]

cunningham is innocent till proven guilty