Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Official Nick Rainey thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=420534)

Chuck D 06-06-2007 05:12 AM

Re: Official Nick Rainey thread

[ QUOTE ]
Nick,

"Yeah the average 2+2 would have a hard time winning 10 points in a 3 set match against Roger."

I can't figure out where the average 2+2er would find anywhere near 10 points. It's not like Federer would need to go for big serves or tough winners.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine the average 2+2er wouldn't win a single point that wasn't a double fault by Federer

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know if the average 2p2er could stay standing for a 5 set match.

[/ QUOTE ]

well most points would be over by the 2nd time Federer hit the ball, so probably

theaznkidd 06-06-2007 05:27 AM

in all honesty... when Nick was at PNW... I destroyed him 6-2 6-0... He was probably the biggest joke PNW USTA... It was a fluke for him to win that national title at USC.. I mean jeez... Theres way better players in PWN then SoCAL... Nick might be a degenerate ROFL lol

KSOT 06-06-2007 05:58 AM

ZOMG post under ur real name!!1

shaundeeb 06-06-2007 06:01 AM

Nick, I'm a big fan want to get together and hit the volcano? I would love to hear your stories in person.

Actual God 06-06-2007 06:47 AM

Went to the French Open yesterday, 200 Euros from a scalper, negotiated in French, balllaaaaaa.

Watched a hot Serb beat Svetlana Kuznetzova who is the least hot player of all time, so that was nice. Then I saw Justine Henin walk all over Serena Williams, who played terribly. Then Federer took on Tommy Robredo. Robredo played at an extremely high intensity level, while Federer sort of jogged around the court. Federer won easily but dropped the second set, later blaming it on the wind. I am a huge Federer fanboy, but I think Nadal's going to take him in the French again.

Howard Treesong 06-06-2007 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sure bud, would I recognize you? So Cal junior tennis is amazing thats fore sure.

I am just fed up with everyone giving me [censored] when I provide gossip and updates whenever I can.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's done in the spirit of amusement, Nick. Keep up the fine NVG work, if you please.

Howard Treesong 06-06-2007 08:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
10 points is probably pushing it, but there are a few of us with tennis experience, so it would help the average for sure.

I just got home from Naked Sushi with PA and Allen Cunningham was there. Is that chick he is with for real? Thats a bad beat for Allen.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're talking about the redhead, it's Melissa Hayden and yes she is for real.

Done like Dinner 06-06-2007 09:15 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Put your hand up if you just arent sure if Diablo is making fun of Rainey or encouraging his tales? I laugh and then scratch my head at this thread. I laugh at postings and I am not even sure it is a joke.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nick,
Is PA aware of our unhealthy fascination with him?

If he is, what does he make of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

unhealthy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Unhealthy...you know when another man would like to spread his man spirit on another mans face....unhealthy....lol

Reef 06-06-2007 10:16 AM

The average 2p2er whose only played high school level would earn 0-5 pts in those 3 sets. College division 1 would probably earn around 5-15 points.

I played at a 4.0 level at my best, only highschool.. I personally would have to get lucky to get to 5 points. I'd be blasting both serves hoping to get lucky (brag: 115mph flat) or going for low % winners every shot, just to maximize number of points won. Federer could just use a 90-100 mph sickly spinning high percentage serve.

out of all 2p2, the 'average' would earn 0 points without a doubt. maaaybe 1 double fault from Federer -fluke?

Shadowrun 06-06-2007 10:17 AM

Why would Roger double fault vs someone that never even played tennis in high school?

Its not like he has to rocket/place his serves at all.