Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Common blind battle spot. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=455233)

NinaWilliams 07-19-2007 02:56 PM

Common blind battle spot.

Villain is 29/22 and a little overaggro. Hes also a bit of a showdown monkey.

Preflop Folded to sb Hero raises A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Villain 3 bets hero calls

Flop 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero?

yourface 07-19-2007 03:04 PM

Re: Common blind battle spot.

I usually c/c down. no reason to take the lead and if villain is very aggressive he's going to triple barrel here a lot.

secretprankster 07-19-2007 03:10 PM

Usually checkcall down but there are a bunch of turn/river combos I would fold (pretty much the obvious ones).

Gurravasa 07-19-2007 03:51 PM

c/c flop, evaluate turn. Your hand is not very strong and you should fold a scary turn and wait for a better opportunity to let him spew his money into you...

jstill 07-19-2007 04:10 PM

I usually only call once, by the time he bets the turn we usually dont have the equity against his range to continue since K hi gives up a ton (u kinda need a read on this i guess to properly apply pokerstove) and PPs leave us with 3 outs, I dont know what to do on a 2 or 5 turn, could be a call at that point.... an A turn I probably donk cuz it looks like BS and i want to get 2 bbs in ahead and u said hes a showdown monkey, Id call a 4 turn and usually fold to the third barrel (also good to have a read if hed 3barrel A hi or K hi here, most wont esp with A hi).

secretprankster 07-19-2007 04:15 PM

If you pair up there's definitely no way you can fold IMO.

yourface 07-19-2007 04:31 PM

I feel like an aggro villain will fire multiple barrels on this board texture because I know that I would. there are a ton of overcard or gutshot+oc type hands that can peel the flop, and when hero doesn't c/r I know he likely doesn't have a pair.

what I'm trying to say is that c/c c/f is bad imo because we fold the best hand a fair amount of the time and it is super exploitable

also I'd def feel better calling multiple streets with A9+ here

bobhalford 07-19-2007 04:33 PM

I fold the turn here without improvement. He checks behind both better and worse hands on the turn. I think the flop is a standard peel.

secretprankster 07-19-2007 04:40 PM

After open-raising the SB we're basically never checkfolding this flop. Because of this, BB is almost always going to fire the turn again in my experience.

jba 07-19-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is 29/22 and a little overaggro. Hes also a bit of a showdown monkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would just complete pf