Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Worst looks for guys that you see all the time (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=482542)

Tweety 08-20-2007 10:06 PM

Worst looks for guys that you see all the time

What are the worst looks for men that you see on a frequent basis? Here are a few that I came up with:

(1) The comb-over look for balding guys. This is an obviously awful look, and yet SO many guys resort to it.

(2) Jorts (long jeans shorts). These just scream white trash.

(3) Wife beaters on white guys. Particularly brutal when combined with a cap that's on sideways.

(4) Phone or blackberry clipped on to your belt. This is the 2000's version of the pocket protector. Dork central.

(5) Pleated khakis with the cuffs up. Fine for nice slacks, terrible and very dated on regular, less formal khakis.

(6) Button down colored short and sports jacket with no tie, open at the top button, where you can see the undershirt. Not a good look at all, and many guys don't realize it.

Those are just a few.

oddjob 08-20-2007 10:07 PM

Re: Worst looks for guys that you see all the time

i saw some tool who was wearing flip flops, plaid shorts, a long sleeve white button up shirt, and a baseball cap on backwards.

dukemagic 08-20-2007 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i saw some tool who was wearing flip flops, plaid shorts, a long sleeve white button up shirt, and a baseball cap on backwards.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol actually i see guys dressed like this all the time (minus the baseball hat) and don't think they look that bad. not my style, to be sure, but it's fairly common and not that bad, imo.

Blarg 08-20-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What are the worst looks for men that you see on a frequent basis? Here are a few that I came up with:

(1) The comb-over look for balding guys. This is an obviously awful look, and yet SO many guys resort to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obvious and agreed.

[ QUOTE ]
(2) Jorts (long jeans shorts). These just scream white trash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure what these even are. Hood rats and wanna be hood rats where long shorts, and so do others. I'm not sure how to tell which kind of long shorts are supposed to be the even stupider ones, and how long is too long.

[ QUOTE ]
(3) Wife beaters on white guys. Particularly brutal when combined with a cap that's on sideways.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see this all the time? It's super rare that I've seen these. Depends where you go. And are you saying they're better on non-white guys?

[ QUOTE ]
(4) Phone or blackberry clipped on to your belt. This is the 2000's version of the pocket protector. Dork central.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is different from ipod how? Seems practical to me. Plus, you start stretching out your pocket, and it looks like a stain on many kinds of pants. I'm willing to say screw fashion pretty regularly if something is practical, but that's just me.

[ QUOTE ]
(5) Pleated khakis with the cuffs up. Fine for nice slacks, terrible and very dated on regular, less formal khakis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I don't worry about things like what's supposedly dated, but not a fan of cuffs in general.

[ QUOTE ]
(6) Button down colored short and sports jacket with no tie, open at the top button, where you can see the undershirt. Not a good look at all, and many guys don't realize it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would look better without an undershirt? If so, is this just about showing undershirts? If not, what's the real problem, you don't like button down non-white shirts, or you don't like sports jackets, or you don't like them together?

Blarg 08-20-2007 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol actually i see guys dressed like this all the time (minus the baseball hat) and don't think they look that bad. not my style, to be sure, but it's fairly common and not that bad, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds pretty laugh-worthy. I can't see it outside a golf course or a frat house.

otnemem 08-20-2007 10:20 PM

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/558/aogeneralah7.jpg

JuntMonkey 08-20-2007 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds pretty laugh-worthy. I can't see it outside a golf course or a frat house.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to see the guy, but without the baseball cap I don't hate it.

private joker 08-20-2007 10:21 PM

[*] socks with sandals[*] black sneakers, especially with shorts and white socks[*] t-shirt tucked into high-waisted jeans, with no belt

Klompy 08-20-2007 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wear this quite often without the sideways baseball hat and don't think it's a bad look at all.

Cry Me A River 08-20-2007 10:22 PM

The other day I saw a guy with a tattoo on the side of his neck, about 3" below the jawline.

It was text, and it read:

OMERTA

Now, I love The Sopranos and The Godfather as much as anyone, but a neck tattoo?

I mentioned this to a friend of mine and she said, "Wow, stay away from that guy!"

I replied, "Why? He's just some looser wannabee. You think a real made guy would ever, ever get a tattoo like that? It'd be like Jason Bourne getting an 'ASSASSIN' tattoo."