Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   stack-a-reg (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=553508)

Casper05 11-24-2007 01:34 PM

stack-a-reg

Ok, I dont have the HH for this because Im out of town for a basketball game...I was thinking about this hand and figured I'd post it.

Villain is a solid reg (21/17 I think) at 200NL on FTP...we have a lot of history just being generally insanely aggro preflop..A lot of 3-bets, some 4-bets, but not many showdowns.

I definitely think he's floating the flop a lot...my question is on turn action and making the most +EV play.

Folds around to Hero in SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero raises to $8, Villain calls.

Flop ($16) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets $14, Villain calls

Turn ($44) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Villain bets $38, Hero shoves.

Paul Thomson 11-24-2007 01:39 PM

Re: stack-a-reg

is this for value? my guess is that you're putting him squarely on a float (in which case why are u shoving) or a hand that might call your shove like TJ or T9. (but what other worse hands call?)

but i don't think there's much value in shoving the turn. i think he can play a set like this. when you're drawing dead.

I think it's fine to call the turn and call/fold the river.

nazahl 11-24-2007 01:39 PM

I think I just keep firing here to make my 2 barrels more believable. but this has its advantages as well...

i dunno, we need to know some more about your history imo, like has he seen you do anything really spewy postflop to give you the impression he'll look you up light here? cause if not, then this is pretty bad. but if he has, then this is really hot cause it looks pretty random/bluffy/frustrated.

as far as turn cards go though, thats an ugly one to be pulling this on cause he just hit 2 pair a lot.

mendacity 11-24-2007 01:40 PM

As Thomson says, if he's floating, let him hang himself.

mendacity 11-24-2007 01:42 PM

"as far as turn cards go though, thats an ugly one to be pulling this on cause he just hit 2 pair a lot."

No, he doesn't have T6, T8 if that's what you mean.

cooker3 11-24-2007 01:42 PM

I prefer to fire a 2nd barrell, he is likely to call a bit lighter then the line you took. I don't see what he calls with that we beat when we c/r the turn

Panthro 11-24-2007 01:44 PM

metagame and protection right? meh...

orange 11-24-2007 01:45 PM

okay

traz 11-24-2007 01:46 PM

ccing no good?

Fletcher19 11-24-2007 01:47 PM

the concept is fine but i prefer to do this with some sort of redraw