Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Official Washington exposes Hawai'i the Fraud Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=559036)

dkgojackets 12-02-2007 02:30 AM

Re: Official Washington exposes Hawai\'i the Fraud Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't he still be arguing for Hawaii's consideration in title game anyway? Three 1 loss teams, they're gonna be one of em most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been here the whole time, and let me repeat now for the third time that my argument wasn't based upon me thinking that Hawaii is a top 2 team. I don't have any opinion on that either way. My argument was based around the fact that we don't know how good Hawaii is because they havn't played anyone, so lets make them face the toughest possible game(the title game) so we can find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they win this game then I actually agree with you. Every other team blew a chance to make the championship on the field. Apparently Hawaii blew theirs when Michigan dropped a scheduled game and because they joined the WAC.

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shouldn't he still be arguing for Hawaii's consideration in title game anyway? Three 1 loss teams, they're gonna be one of em most likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been here the whole time, and let me repeat now for the third time that my argument wasn't based upon me thinking that Hawaii is a top 2 team. I don't have any opinion on that either way. My argument was based around the fact that we don't know how good Hawaii is because they havn't played anyone, so lets make them face the toughest possible game(the title game) so we can find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, we do know how good they are. Or rather, how good they aren't. It's not just that they haven't played anyone of any consequence, it's that despite that they haven't dominated. If they had rolled through their schedule by 3TDs a game, people might think differently. They didn't.

Poofler 12-02-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so lets make them face the toughest possible game(the title game) so we can find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't need to find out. Victories reflect current win-loss record, they don't predict future victories better than SOS and MOV does. All we need to do is look at the handful of terrible and mediocre teams that have given Hawaii some very close games. If Hawaii had just beaten the living crap out of all those terrible teams, you have a much stronger argument about "finding out" what would happen against a proven good team from a major conference.

edit: damn u clark, same argument made 10 secs earlier

JaredL 12-02-2007 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If they win this game then I actually agree with you. Every other team blew a chance to make the championship on the field. Apparently Hawaii blew theirs when Michigan dropped a scheduled game and because they joined the WAC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan State, but yeah that win would have given them a shot. Although I'm not sure who they added. If it was Washington it won't matter much.

Dudd 12-02-2007 02:32 AM

Damn you Hawaii for making the shovel pass your first quarter playbook, you're making my 550 yard prediction look silly when you could have been throwing it on this defense the whole night.

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I smell a butt kicking. Huskies have played some very good games against a slew of teams better than the Warriors.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...still smelling that now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Huskies are up a TD against a team that has shown zero ability to stop the run.

yjbrewer 12-02-2007 02:33 AM

Continue the comeback Hawaii! Lets go to Sugar Bowl. i love the Cinderella stories. I am an SEC fan but I actually hope Hawaii beats LSU that would be great.

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damn you Hawaii for making the shovel pass your first quarter playbook, you're making my 550 yard prediction look silly when you could have been throwing it on this defense the whole night.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL NDantiwillinghammaments

dkgojackets 12-02-2007 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Michigan State, but yeah that win would have given them a shot. Although I'm not sure who they added. If it was Washington it won't matter much.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, MSU dropped. They tried to replace them with Michigan and even USC, but both teams said no. I think they filled that game with Charleston Southern, but I could be wrong.

edit: It was Northern Colorado they replaced MSU with.

Riverman 12-02-2007 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are retarded.

Pretty sure them routinely beating awful teams by less than 10 is proof that they suck

Not to mention tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

Thus far they have probably played the worst half of their season, at least in terms of stupid mistakes, and are down a touchdown getting the ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the kind of reasoning that allows a blacked out me to make $ at sports betting

JaredL 12-02-2007 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But, we do know how good they are. Or rather, how good they aren't. It's not just that they haven't played anyone of any consequence, it's that despite that they haven't dominated. If they had rolled through their schedule by 3TDs a game, people might think differently. They didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm somewhat biased here, but I think you have to factor in that their away games are tougher than for any other team. All their away games are like a West Coast team flying to the East coast to play. Obviously it cuts the other way and their home games are that much tougher.

With the exception of Fresno State and now Washington they have blown out every team they've played at home.

ClarkNasty 12-02-2007 02:41 AM

So your argument is that "our road games are tougher than other teams, even if they are against horrid teams, and hey, we are have blown out 4 of the 7 teams we've played at home! (including Charleston Southern and Northern Colorado)"

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 02:42 AM

argh...if Washington just would've ran the whole half

rigged81 12-02-2007 02:48 AM

I just dont see how this doesnt lead to a playoff. There is no argument for # 2

As TSOU fan who grew up in greg norman era I want USC battle for the decade.

JaredL 12-02-2007 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So your argument is that "our road games are tougher than other teams, even if they are against horrid teams, and hey, we are have blown out 4 of the 7 teams we've played at home! (including Charleston Southern and Northern Colorado)"

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I should point out what I'm arguing. I think the case for UH in the BCS title game is thin. I think that if they win tonight then they should be at least considered as a candidate along with USC, LSU, Kansas, OU, Georgia, and VT. I think they are deserving of a BCS game. I don't really think they are one of the two best teams in the country, (edit) nor do they deserve to be in the National Title game under the current system.

Mainly, I think that it's not really clear how good they are. Tonight is a bad sign so far, though.

My argument is that the games that should have been blowouts and weren't are at LA Tech, at SJSU, at Nevada and I guess Fresno State at home. That there are four of them isn't good obviously, but individually I could see some top teams having trouble in some of these games traveling 3-5 time zones.

Mainly the travel time makes it even less clear where UH should be properly ranked. If a team in California played their same schedule and got the same results then it would be more problematic.

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 02:53 AM

HUGE stop for Washington to begin this half

If they follow up with a score, they've stolen all momentum back

Francis_MH 12-02-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just dont see how this doesnt lead to a playoff. There is no argument for # 2

[/ QUOTE ]

I was kinda pissed when Herbstreit and Musberger were talking about a playoff, and basically they said "it ain't gonna happen, all these people writing about a need for it are wasting their time." Whereas they could've said, as the #1 college football broadcasting team, something like "there absolutely needs to be a playoff system, this season proves it." At least they could really start applying the pressure, but whatever.

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 02:56 AM

NO...there doesn't need to be a playoff... we've had a 13 week playoff already

JaredL 12-02-2007 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a triple-elimination tournament, apparently.

Riverman 12-02-2007 02:57 AM

College FB is so amazing BC there is no playoff...

Think College Basketball...does anyone care about any games being played right now?

JaredL 12-02-2007 02:58 AM

I have no coaching experience, but why the hell has Washington done either of the following:
1. Pass
2. Handoff straight up the middle

???

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 02:58 AM

argh....why run from a bunch formation if you're Washington?
they are running so good with numerous wideouts

nice holding call for the home team... sigh

Francis_MH 12-02-2007 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which accomplished what, may I ask? Why don't we just eliminate the playoffs in the NFL, just put the 2 teams with the best record in the Super Bowl...Because, you know, every team with the best record at the end of the regular season ALWAYS wins the super bowl......

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which accomplished what, may I ask? Why don't we just eliminate the playoffs in the NFL, just put the 2 teams with the best record in the Super Bowl...Because, you know, every team with the best record at the end of the regular season ALWAYS wins the super bowl......

[/ QUOTE ]

you're making my point

we never really know who is the best team

one cut-off is as arbitrary as the other

why be like the NFL and overweight a game played in January so much?

Francis_MH 12-02-2007 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Think College Basketball...does anyone care about any games being played right now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Football is WAY different than basketball...does no one care about the NFL regular season?

Riverman 12-02-2007 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, for reasons so obvious I don't need to explain.

Francis_MH 12-02-2007 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're making my point

we never really know who is the best team

one cut-off is as arbitrary as the other

why be like the NFL and overweight a game played in January so much?

[/ QUOTE ]

As opposed to a game played in September is weighed too much in college football when, in other seasons, one loss will KILL your chances at a shot at the title?

EDIT for misquote

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
where is assani?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you are retarded.

Pretty sure them routinely beating awful teams by less than 10 is proof that they suck

Not to mention tonight

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing like calling someone retarded for having a differing view on sports. Good job, guy.

Needle77 12-02-2007 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Keep the Bowl System. I don't need a playoff in NCAAF, I really do love the current system.

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so lets make them face the toughest possible game(the title game) so we can find out.

[/ QUOTE ]

We don't need to find out. Victories reflect current win-loss record, they don't predict future victories better than SOS and MOV does. All we need to do is look at the handful of terrible and mediocre teams that have given Hawaii some very close games. If Hawaii had just beaten the living crap out of all those terrible teams, you have a much stronger argument about "finding out" what would happen against a proven good team from a major conference.

edit: damn u clark, same argument made 10 secs earlier

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you guys are saying here. But in no other sports is MOV important, so why do you guys look at it in college football? Could you imagine if the NFL put a 9-7 team in as the 6th seed in the playoffs instead of an 8-8 team due to a tougher schedule or more dominant victories?

lastchance 12-02-2007 03:09 AM

Because those 8-8 and 9-7 teams get blown out before the Super bowl.

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You would still get that same "every game has importance" if you limited it to 8 teams(instead of 64) and greatly rewarded the top two teams. How about an 8 team playoff, top 2 teams get 2 byes, teams 3 and 4 get 1 bye, teams 5-8 play in the first round.

Riverman 12-02-2007 03:10 AM

hahahahahahahahha NO GOOD

lollerskates UH is so awful

Francis_MH 12-02-2007 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, for reasons so obvious I don't need to explain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sarcasm detector off?

MyTurn2Raise 12-02-2007 03:11 AM

2 stops in a row for Washington

OMG I'm going nuts sweating this

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 03:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. and if Hawaii doesn't deserve the championship then they'll get blown out in the title game.

Nick B. 12-02-2007 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I understand what you guys are saying here. But in no other sports is MOV important, so why do you guys look at it in college football? Could you imagine if the NFL put a 8-8 team in as the 6th seed in the playoffs instead of an 9-7 team due to a tougher schedule or more dominant victories?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Riverman 12-02-2007 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. and if Hawaii doesn't deserve the championship then they'll get blown out in the title game.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if they get blown out by a team with a losing record?

Assani Fisher 12-02-2007 03:16 AM

then they don't deserve the title

Francis_MH 12-02-2007 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They weren't 8-8, but the Steelers in 2005 were a 5 or 6 seed. They won it all. Make a 6 team playoff this year with the 1 and 2 teams getting a bye, and I bet the 6 seed USC wins it all. Doesn't that show why there should be a playoff, to crown the TRUE national champion, or at least one thats really proved itself against the best teams?